Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

is this wrong

Old 11-17-2004, 02:53 PM

Default is this wrong

I usually hunt in an area that is fairly big (maybe 1/2 long and maybe 300 yrds wide. It is all surrounded by weeds and cattails. I usually hunt along the sides and hide in the weeds but lately the ducks like the middle better. there is one spot that I think that I can hide in a little group of cattails in the middle (towards one end of the marsh). Do you think this is unsportsman to hunt in this area bacause it will limit the possible hunting spots for other hunters, and they will have to pass by me to get to another spot. There are usually only one maybe two other groups that are out there ot one time. what should I do. I dont want to be an a$$ to other hunters.

thanks

Chris
Old 11-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: is this wrong

Get there first and hunt it!
Old 11-17-2004, 06:47 PM

Kinda depends on the situation. If it is public land then you have every right to be hunt there. Will hunting that spot ruin all other spots? I don't think it would hurt to try it out. If your tires are slashed when you get back then you'll know that the other hunters were PO'd.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:48 PM

i wouldnt really care if it screwed other peoples huntin up. its about you killin ducks not them killin ducks.tough luck for them. first come first serve!
Old 11-17-2004, 08:44 PM

Hunt it!
Old 11-18-2004, 06:09 AM

I guess I'm kind of a wuss too, although I've been bumped from my intended spot too many times to count, I still feel guilty if I do it to others. I'd try it one morning to see what kind of a reaction you'll get. MOST hunters I've ever come across on public land almost start to think that 'their spot' is only 'theirs', and will cuss you out if you dare come near it, regardless who gets their first.

Give it a try and be prepared for a pellet rainshower!

Chad
Old 11-18-2004, 08:34 AM

I don't mean to make personal attacks or want to get anyone riled up but quackhead04's idealogy on this subject is IMO exactly what is wrong with society today. Sure it is perfectly legal but it is some hunter's self ritious attitudes "screw everyone else I need to kill my limit of ducks no matter what" that ruin public hunting for most people. Try hunting it once and if it works out that you get a great shoot in and others still get to shoot at a few then I say more power to you and hunt that spot all of the time. If you hunting there ends up ruining all other spots so a Dad can't take his son out hunting and have a little success then you may want to rethink hunting there in the future. The law only goes so far and then personal ethics needs to take over from there.

Again quackhead04 I don't mean to attack you personally and I apologise if you see it that way. Just that way of thinking that bugs me.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:55 PM

yeah id try it out ..... may be a good idea to first try it during a weekday if at all possible so the chances of messin up others is at a minimum .... also if it turns out to be a HOTSPOT others wont see where ya shootin em up .... lol .... been plenty of times huntin public land where people will actually just pass by in their boats to see where ya are huntin if ya really poundin em .... then it turns out to be a race to the spot the following mornin and throughout the rest of ya life ... lol .... one spot here i know a guy that will sit in a spot for 3 hrs before daylight .... now thats dedicated !!!! lol
Old 11-19-2004, 06:25 AM

canis lupis,we hunt a couple spots down here where people will spend the night in there boats in the hot spots, now thats Dedicated with a capitol D
Old 11-19-2004, 02:23 PM

catt i believe i used to chat with ya quite a bit ..... in_wigeon .....let me know if this is you ...and how ya been doin ..... take care and have a good one .... ya can contact me via yahoo with the ID .... canis_lupus692002 .... have a good one and good luck

Quick Reply: is this wrong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.