Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Good Hunt!

Old 11-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Good Hunt!

Well met up with Mike (Techy here on Huntingnet) for a diver hunt this AM, saw tons of birds today but only harvested one bird...... a hen hooded merganser with a leg band!!!! My first leg banded duck. All in all it was a fun hunt even without slaying the birds!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 04:24 PM

Default RE: Good Hunt!

Not many instances that I would be happy if the only bird I bagged was a hen merganser but a band is definately one of them! I have really started to see larger diver flocks so the migration must really be going now.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Adam, congrats. Now you know how my son felt about his first band. I agree with you about just watching the birds fly. We like to have a coffee and just watch the ducks fly around after we have finished our hunt. Was almost two hours last time. Congrats again.

Ron
Old 11-09-2004, 07:27 PM

Congrats on the duck, and the band. I am still waiting for my second leg band .
Old 11-09-2004, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the band. I also shot a hooded merg this morning the only bird that came in but she didn't have a band. Congrats again.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:24 AM

Thanks for the hunt Adam. It was fun. Even if it was you who got the band[8D]. Congrats

Mike
Old 11-10-2004, 08:36 AM

Congrats on the banded bird!
Old 11-10-2004, 09:11 AM

Got my first band a few weeks ago, Woodie. This past Saturday shot a few geese and one had a band with a $100.00 reward, a great day huinting and a $100.00 what could be better?

Regards,
Jim
Old 11-10-2004, 11:09 AM

Man Congrats on the bands boys. Still waiting for my second band. First one was a drake mallard 3 years ago. He was in a group of about 400 that jumped as we floated into em. My buddy took the bird from my dogs mouth and handed it to me with one leg missing. He almost got away with it as I didn't put 2 & 2 together but he handed it over as we continued our float. I was one happy hunter that morning which was tough as the temp never reached 5 degrees.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:42 PM

congrats to yall and great stories .... yeah those bands will put a big smile on your face .... i rember my first one .... had a group of canvasbacks come in .... which are fairly rare here for the most part .... had killed limits of drake cans the 2 days before (1 each day) ....so i picked out a hen for taxidermy purposes ....ended up being banded ... i bout crapped my pants when i picked her up ..... since then i have killed a few others ..... but season before last it was unreal .... killed 4 bands in 9 days of hunting .... 2 on the same day ... had a flock of canadas come in one day ... killed the lead bird (neck collar) and the bird behind it .... i was so excited about the neck collar that when i picked up the second bird and saw the legband i let out a YEAH !!!! prolly coulda heard me a mile off ...even tho i was huntin solo .... yup those bands will make ya do funny things .... lol ....thanx again for the stories .... keep em comin .... love to read em .... and RBduck ... i been watchin for ya in the chatroom, yahoo, and msn to talk duck .... but havent caught up with ya .... pat ya boy on the back for me ...and tell him congrats on that band ..... hope yall are tearin em up up there .... save sum for us southerners tho .... still waitin for our main season to open ..... later yall

Quick Reply: Good Hunt!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.