Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Question for a buddy who isn't internet savvy >

Question for a buddy who isn't internet savvy

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Question for a buddy who isn't internet savvy

Old 10-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Question for a buddy who isn't internet savvy

Hi,
My buddy wanted me to look for advise on if anyone uses duck and goose decoys at the same time and if you do can they be set up together or should they be two seperate groups of decoys?I have no idea as i've never hunted for either myself--just trying to get some info for a buddy.Any help would be great!
Old 10-11-2004, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question for a buddy who isn't internet savvy

Well, we use a couple of Specklebelly deke's on our rice field levee to keep the ducks from lighting in that spot (not real sure how well it works though). But, I'm not much of a goose hunter however, I don't think it would be too hot an idea...ducks and geese tend to stay segregated pretty well, when the geese come into an area the ducks will usually take off. In addition the terrain hunted isn't the same, most goose hunters that I know hunt fields and relatively dry ground, while ducks are hunted in flooded fields, flooded timber, or potholes.

Don't get me wrong we shoot our fair share of geese, but it's mostly pass shooting when they are headed to the dry field beside our blind, and not decoying geese.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the quick reply!I'll tell him what you said and he can take it from there--thanks again.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:43 PM

i always set out a couple goose floaters if im hunting ducks and if im goose hunting ill set up a little pocket of ducks, i just keep 'em seperate but still in gun range.