Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Texas Waterfowl Season Set! >

Texas Waterfowl Season Set!

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Texas Waterfowl Season Set!

Old 08-30-2004, 09:41 AM

Default Texas Waterfowl Season Set!

Duck Season is from November 6th -November 28th and reopens on Dec. 11th - Jan 30th with bag limits set at 6 per day.

Goose Season is set from November 6th -Jan 30th and the extended seaons runs from Jan 30th - March 27th...

The season above are for the North Zone on Ducks and the Eastern Zone for Geese.

Won't be long now............
Old 08-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Texas Waterfowl Season Set!

Texxan,

Where do you hunt?
Old 08-30-2004, 02:51 PM

I hunt on a private tank (8/9 acres) that's on 60 acres in Navada Tx. It's about a 30-40 minute drive from Dallas and the property is about a half a mile as a crow flies from Lake Lavon. Birds pile in there in the morning. I also have access to 3 other tanks that hold some pretty good numbers of birds.

So far this year teal seem to be up in numbers. Got a couple of good groups hitting the ponds already comming off the creek that leads to the lake. About 70 in total.. Hope they stick around a while (til Sept 11th that is)! Usually, teal are light out there. Gadwall, Mallard, Ringnecks and ruddy are what we usually see. Lots of canvas back last year. Wish they'd open it up more than one per season.

Why ya ask, Wanna go????????
Old 08-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Texan!!!!!

Just noticed that you hunt near or around Dallas. I live in Dallas, and will probably be hunting Lake Grapevine for the mostpart this year. If you ever want a hunting buddy, give me a shout. would love to join in on the fun. It's only my second year of duck hunting, and I just moved to Dallas from IL this past March. I'm not a great caller but it worked last year for the most part.

Jay
Old 08-30-2004, 03:56 PM

Jay,

I'm always looking for new partners to hunt and fish with. Give me a shout and we'll meet for a cold beverage and discuss it!

I've looked into Grapevine in the past but haven't invested any time hunting there. I was lead to believe that there's a lot of pressure out there. There are some very nice looking areas out there though.