Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Rules and details for Contest?!

Old 08-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Rules and details for Contest?!

How about a contest for waterfowl??? At least maybe for early goose opener?
Old 08-27-2004, 08:31 AM

Default RE: Contest?!

I'd be in for a contest. How about two... one for geese and one for duck. Down here we don't get much opportunity on geese unless I drive 200 miles! Ducks are another story, I can definately hang there!!!!
Old 08-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would be up for a contest on each, we will just post dated pics on here, I think we should do a contest, why let all the bowhunters have all the fun, we'll have our own contest here! Sign up everyone.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK Carp, put my name on your list.

Ron
Old 08-30-2004, 07:06 AM

What kind of contest could you have? Most ducks shot? Most kinds of ducks shot i.e. Duck Slam?
Old 08-30-2004, 09:26 AM

Since each state has different bag limits and species that can be taken, I think we should initiate a points system. Ex. each duck is worth a point, if you get a bag limit you get 5 extra points, if you take a banded duck 15 points, ect.......

We might also consider a time limit since season lenghts vary so widely. Maybe 30 days, ect..

just a thought......
Old 08-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with texxan, lets do the points system. One point duck/goose and bonus 15 points for bands/collars. Limits vary too much state to state and season to season i think to give limit points. As far as the time limit, my early goose is 15 days lets start with that and then go from there throughout the season with seperate contests and then maybe vote on entire season winners. Sound ok???
Old 09-09-2004, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

We need to decide on whether we wanna just add up our points for the whole season, seperate seasons, or just seperate goose form ducks. Also since this is just for fun and to encourage more activity on here what about just going on the honor system for ducks and geese for points, with maybe an exception to banded birds, I agree they should be worth 5 points but maybe we require pics of those. Input from all who are participating would be very nice, also we need more people!!!!!!! Talk to everyone later, Adam
Old 09-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rules and details for Contest?!

I went out today for waterfowl for the first time this year.
3 Greater Canadas
2 BlueWing Teal

Ron

Old 09-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rules and details for Contest?!

Allright Ron congrats on the birds, i think that for now we'll just do a contest for geese and one for ducks.

Quick Reply: Rules and details for Contest?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.