Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 if CABELAS and BASS PRO CLOSED >

if CABELAS and BASS PRO CLOSED

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

if CABELAS and BASS PRO CLOSED

Old 07-17-2004, 04:16 AM

Default if CABELAS and BASS PRO CLOSED

where would you buy your waterfowl stuff fom. AMMO AND GEAR.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: if CABELAS and BASS PRO CLOSED

No , I would end up buying the gear from a couple of stores in town.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would probably go to the same stores as Trailer.

Ron
Old 07-17-2004, 02:01 PM

Well lets see here in Michigan, I can go to Gander Mountain, Dunhams, Sports Athorities, Jays Sporting Goods, Franks, Brown Bear Sporting Goods, Michi-Gun, Starlight Archery, Dicks Sporting Goods, Meijers, and even Wally world. and probably a dozen other store that carry the equipment I need. And beside since I have to drive anywhere from 35 to 75 miles to get to Cabelas, Or Bass Pro Shop. There are a lot of other stores closer.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would do just what I am doing now ,buying from my local gunshop . With the Basspro 100 miles+ and Cabelas 75 miles and shiping cost what it is I find it cheaper to buy localy for most things. If you drive 60 miles each way and get 30mpg with gas close to $2 a gallon then you have to save $8 just to break even. Keep buying out of town and when you need that part or box of ammo at the last second ,the local gun shop may be gone and you are S.O.L. .
Old 07-18-2004, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

John, I understand your point but for me it’s well worth the trip. I also have to cross the border and have the exchange to consider. I can save some significant amount of money doing so. There is also no comparison in gear from Cabelas to our local stores and the customer service from Cabelas is unbeatable.

Our local stores think they have the market and can charge what they want within reason but when comparing to other stores out west, they are more expensive. So I still purchase from our local stores but will always make the trip south for the best deals.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Franks, jays, galyans, gander mountain, dicks, any of those stores are good in michigan. bass pro is 2 1/2 hours from me and cabelas is about 3 hours from me.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trailer...I heard a rumour that Wholesale Sports is coming to town next year, but that is all I heard.

Ron
Old 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wholesale sports in town, holy craps!!!! that sure would be nice. Someone would have to sharpen there pencils to be more competitive. Thanks for the heads up Ron, I will be on the look out.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trailer, my buddy just phoned me and said that Farmers Suppy has their windows all covered in brown paper and there is a sign that says they are closed until Aug 2nd......hhhmmmm.....I hope this isn`t the beginning of the end for them.

Ron

Quick Reply: if CABELAS and BASS PRO CLOSED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.