Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

How many a season???

Old 06-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default How many a season???

Was wondering how many birds you guys got last season?? Ducks?Geese?? And what types.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many a season???

i shot only 9 geese and about 17 ducks, group killed about 20 geese and 34 ducks. All canada geese, and ducks were mallards, woodies, buffleheads, hooded mergansers, bluewing teal.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

.........waaaaaay too many to remember

Ron
Old 06-29-2004, 07:21 PM

All estimates but probably about 10 Canadas and 1 Snow Goose, maybe 60 ducks with a mix of Mallards, Blue and Green Wing Teal, Gadwalls, Widgeons, Woodies, Ringbills and 1 Bull Canvasback!!!
Old 06-29-2004, 10:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey rbduck give us at least an idea what youve got up there!!!!!!!!!When i get settled in my job i will set up a hunt up by you and well have to get together maybe even get some of these guys in on it!!!! Just public land there, well see here after a bit!
Old 06-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just wonderin' where do you live rick???????????????????
Old 06-30-2004, 12:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Carp, just to give you an idea.....during the peak of the migration last year, we had close to 150,000 Canadas staying in our city as a stop over. This does not count the geese in the surrounding farmland. As for the snows....last time I was out hunting them, we got into a real good pass shooting spot(it was perfect). When the snows finally came over us it took over an hour for them to pass and they were stretched out from horizon to horizon. Three of us shot 56 snows in half an hour(we are allowed 20 daily and 80 possession). After that, we like to sit in the dark and watch all the geese fly over just enjoying the view.
As for the ducks...that`s another story.

Old 06-30-2004, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Canada geese are plentiful around here as rbduck mentioned. We have so many geese in and around the city that’s it’s becoming a problem. We have man made lakes in the city and during the migration the geese stay in these lakes up until it freezes. As long as the lakes are not frozen the stay in the city. It’s becoming so much a problem that they permitted hunting in the city limits in certain areas. I’m not sure if it’s aloud this year but it was for the first time last year....
Old 06-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trailer...check out the new regs. They have opened a second area with in the city limits by the township of Mitchell in the south.

Ron
Old 06-30-2004, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ron, I hadn’t had the opportunity of looking at the new hunting guide yet. I thought they might have canceled the hunting in the city limits after the 2 idiot had been charged for shooting at geese from the back of the car on the road inside the perimeter. Well I’m happy they added more areas for hunting from what you mentioned. Talk about nice and close for hunting. I guess I better get the hunting guide to see what’s new.

Just a question about snow geese. You had mentioned in your post that you’ve hunted snow geese. I have found that the flight path of the snow geese have moved farther to the west then they used to be. I’m talking 15 to 20 years ago. I don’t see as many snows around the Winnipeg area or to the north. I have seen more flocks of snows to the west in the Brandon area. What are your thoughts?

Quick Reply: How many a season???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.