Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Duck and goose dekes?

Old 02-15-2004, 10:28 PM

Default Duck and goose dekes?

Im only 15 yrs old, and just starting to get into waterfowl hunting. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with telling me some efficient and reasonably priced duck and goose dekes(not too expensive, im only 15)? Any help would be nice. Thank You!
Old 02-16-2004, 12:56 AM

Default RE: Duck and goose dekes?

The Greenhead Gear decoys are decent and fair priced. If I were you I'd order a dozen teal (they come 8 drakes and 4 hens) and two dozen early phase teal (they're all hens). You'll have three dozen quality dekes that you can pack anywhere and they work better than anything else.

Good Luck

Boldt
Old 02-16-2004, 02:59 AM

For the most part,I agree with boldt, with the exception of using teal,I'd stick with mallard.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Carry Lite and Flambeau also make some decent dekes. They are reasonably priced, but prolly not as good as the new Greenhead Gear decoys.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check this website out. http://www.wingsupply.com/
They have a dozen water keel mallard dekes on sale for only $22!!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 03:20 PM

I can suggest one trick, Look for some snow goose shells on sale. Buy as many as you can. Then buy some paint and have a nice decently priced flock of canadas. It also keeps the geese looking better as they will not be cookie cutter paint jobs.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: northoutdoors

I can suggest one trick, Look for some snow goose shells on sale. Buy as many as you can. Then buy some paint and have a nice decently priced flock of canadas. It also keeps the geese looking better as they will not be cookie cutter paint jobs.
I understand the theory behind this thought,but not the cost vs. time factor,never mind the trouble of trying to get the paint right. You're better off to just buy some GHG dekes and be done with it, problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 09:16 AM

Hey pbarry I think one thing you have to look at first is what your after, there are alot of different kinds of ducks so get the dekes that best suit what you are trying to kill. You don't wan't to have an unnatural looking spread. Green head does make a nice decoy for the money.

The Swampers
Old 03-09-2004, 03:31 AM

Cabela[s has a nice selection of reasonably priced decoys and Mac's Prarie Wings is one well worth checking out. Remember to let the birds decoy in close. If you can find any decoys that can be inflated, try them! they are very effective and easy to transport to your site
Old 03-10-2004, 03:41 PM

Thanks guys, but i just bought 2 1/2 doz. G&H duck decoys.

Quick Reply: Duck and goose dekes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.