Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Monday's hunt

Old 02-12-2004, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Monday's hunt

Shot a 2 man limit by 0800 Monday morning. 10 birds, 1 band. Check out the goose in my right hand. The band is on it's left leg.

Old 02-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Monday's slaughter

I hope you had another hunter with you if you're shooting a two man limit.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:49 PM

The guy that took the picture was his partner most likely. Looks like you had fun.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: duck_hunter2006

The guy that took the picture was his partner most likely. Looks like you had fun.
Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt - you are correct, a buddy was with me and took that pic and I took a few pics of him w/ the geese.

People that post about having "another hunter w/ you if you're shooting a 2 man limit" are usually jealous.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:23 PM

pic doesnt work for me[&:]
Old 02-14-2004, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

I got the same problem mossy, can't see pic, fix it i'd really like to see pic!!
Old 02-14-2004, 09:07 PM

Doesnt work anymore for me either.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:45 PM

hay there, firts well done looks like good shooting!!! Not wanting to be controversial but not knowing how shooting/hunnting is viewed in the public eye in the US, I from the UK am in a position where there is only a 9%majority who is in favour of hunting. Because of this I believe you should possibly refrain from using terms such as 'Slaughter' on a site that may very well be used by those opposed to hunnting!
After speaking to a waterfowler from canada PETA have a video tape of a hunt of snowey geese with the use of a remote controled plane to round them over the guns. That proved to be an unsporting slaughter and a title of 'Monday's Slaughter' would only back that up.
Sorry to moan but I feel very strongly that this sport should be kept in the best possible public light.

Tomy D
Old 02-16-2004, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

tomy - you're right. I thought of that too. Sorry about that. I will change it now (if I can).

The other thing I noticed, de facto, is how bloody one of the geese I'm holding is. I didn't plan it that way, and I'm sure some may be turned off, but that's life. I wish I had noticed that before we took the pics.

here's the same pic via another web pic hosting site. Hopefully this will work for the rest of you:

Old 02-17-2004, 04:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Monday's hunt

Au Contraire. It is not jealousy that was concern for the post. Without the benefit of a picture, your comment, as it was written leads one to believe that you shot a two man limit by yourself. Although I know no self respecting waterfowl hunter would do that. I'm glad you had such a good morning. It's always nice to have a lot in the area to get some good shooting. I hunt Fauquier county as well, Midland airport area, and our group has taken a ton of birds this year and all of them late in the season. Glad you had a good season.

Quick Reply: Monday's hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.