Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 I want to build a duck boat like this >

I want to build a duck boat like this

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

I want to build a duck boat like this

Old 02-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default I want to build a duck boat like this

Have any of you built your own? This seems like just what I've been looking for. Lightweight, easy to hide and build. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Old Dude Boat Plans
Old 02-10-2004, 08:15 PM

Default RE: I want to build a duck boat like this

me and my dad were going to start building a boat a few weeks ago, but then we decided it was too much trouble and we didnt have all the plans we needed. There was an article in a recent Outdoor life about building a boat, you could look into that too for some help.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Typical Buck

I've been researching building boats for a couple of years now. These plans are only $45 and built in stitch and glue fashion. I doubt it gets any easier than this.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:09 AM

If you want a boat of this fashion then I suggest you get a scull boat. Not the garbage that comes from the East coast, but a real Humboldt Bay original. They can be used as a layout or sculled right up on birds like an old log. They're the deadliest thing ever designed for waterfowl. Seeing is believing. Do a search for scull boats and you'll probably come up with all kinds of stuff, but you want the low profile boats that originated out of Humboldt county on the west coast.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

I don't want to rain on your parade , but I looked at the boat you are going to build. My thoughts are its too small, two hunters a Lab and 50 decoys , oars life jackets, guns,shells, gas can, etc. are going to overflow that puppy. It would be good for one hunter , possibly a dog and a dozen decoys on a farm pond or swamp.IMHO.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Typical Buck

The boat is designed for one hunter, not two. At 12' long 4' wide I would expect it to be a good small water boat for one man, a dog, decoys and I would prefer oars vs a gas motor anyway.