Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

deocys for geese

Old 02-01-2004, 07:40 AM

Default RE: deocys for geese

drgildy, contact GHG about that paint problem, their customer service is great,I'm sure something can be done about it.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:36 PM

Default RE: deocys for geese

Used to put out the big spreads (canadas) for years. Started having more oppurtunities for quick two hour hunts before work, so figured I'd try a little different spread. 9 magnum carry-lite shells and 3 Supermag carry-lite shells (this was all I could fit in one bag and I could set up in about 6 minutes). I'll tell you what, I kill the same amount of birds with just those twelve decoys as I did putting out the big spreads. We've knick-named them the "magnificant 12". We still put out big spreads when we have to hide more people in the decoys, but for the most part, I prefer using a smaller amount of magnum decoys over a larger amount of standard decoys. As we've all been told before, size matters.