Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

nc

Old 01-22-2004, 01:46 PM

Default nc

anyone one from north carolina?
Old 01-25-2004, 01:28 PM

Default RE: nc

yeah i'm here

what part are you from?

ive never been duck huntin but want to
Old 01-25-2004, 01:40 PM

i live in rockingham and this was my first year duck hunting. i mostly hunted wood ducks and tried it at badin lake, lake tillery and pee dee river. i saw some mallards but they wouldnt fly to our decoys . i had fun trying anyway , maybe next year i 'll be better prepared and better at calling.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:35 PM

yeah man, from rowan county, but go to school at NCSU in raleigh. just got back from mattamuskeet and had a great swan and duck hunt.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

Hey wannabe, I'm from Ral and hunt Jordan /Harris and the big water. my wife is from Hamlet
Boldplate
Old 01-28-2004, 09:10 AM

hey boldplate , thanks for the reply . do you have any luck hunting up that way ? if so what did you kill ? have you seen any mallards over there ? i"m new to duck hunting this year and i mostly hunted wood ducks. my hunting buddy i met got caught the last day of the season over in rocky point near wilmington.they got em for hunting after hours and hunting over a baited field. they took his gun and suspended his n.c.hunting liscence for next season. so i'll try to keep in touch with you or anyone else in n.c. who would want to hunt next season. i had thought about trying it up that way sometime next season . i have a 14 ' boat but dont have a blind for it,gonna try to get a 16'double wide in the near future for hunting on the coast. again thanks for the reply shawn babson rockingham,n.c.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:29 AM

hey wannabe, i am headed down to rockingham this saturday for dome fox squirrel hunting. i would be interested in getting together for some duck hunting next year. i have never been but want to bad.

i also am from raleigh and go back once or twice a month to see my family. have hunted jordan and harris alot. we ought to hook up and make a big day of it sometime.