Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

best 3 1/2 inch gun

Old 12-26-2003, 04:56 PM

Default best 3 1/2 inch gun

I have a 3 inch remmington 11-87..... I have shot a Mossburg 3 1/2 gun . i liked it.. what i am looking for a gun that is camo flauged gun.......... I want it be used but need to know which one is thes best i can pretty much find any gun i want used espically mosburg. I definatally want a 3 1/2 is mossburg the way to go. I want to be able to not worry about scratching it so it dont matter about external condition.......................

thanks
Old 12-26-2003, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: best 3 1/2 inch gun

forget about the camo finish. get a baikal mp-153 in matte black, you can put camo tape over it if you really feel it has to be camoed up. a friend of mine got one a few months ago and it works great.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a Beretta Xtrema 3.5 this summer. Shot doves in september and ducks on ice with it, no jams. It shoots soooo soft and is easy to maintain. If your looking semi auto, go with this gun. Camo finish is available. Mossberg is the cheap way out. Get a good gun and keep it for life instead of buying 5 mossbergs.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:53 PM

Mossberg is the cheap way out. Get a good gun and keep it for life instead of buying 5 mossbergs.
You should research more before making such foolish and false statements[&:] Mossberg is as good as any and better than most, that includes Winchester, Beretta and other overpriced guns.
I'm also looking for a good 3.5" gun and am down to two choices, Mossberg 935 and Baikal mp153.True the 935 is new and isn't yet established as a true performer, but Mossberg has been building solid,reliable guns for many years and I see no reason why the 935 should be any different. So far I have yet to hear a negative report on this gun.Same goes for the MP153, very relaible and again, I have yet to discover any flaws in this gun, it has deffinately proven itself.Both are priced to be consumer friendly.It makes no sense to pay $1,000-$1,500 for a gun that does the job no better than a $500 gun, unless it's snob appeal your after.Funny thing though, dead geese don't know the difference.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:18 AM

I've got an 835 mossberg thats about 8 years old and has never given me any troubles , not one time. It came in camo finish...This year I bought one of the new 870s in matt black with synthetic stocks that came in 3 1/2 inch...Its a duck and goose killing son of a gun too....I have one problem with it and thats if you hunt near any salt water it will rust before your eyes...I was on a two day trip and cleaned it three times...I suggest , since you already have one 870 , to buy one or the camo finish 870s in 3 1/2...That way your choke tubes will interchange...My new 3 1/2 870 shoots like a dream , and the only problem I have with it was the rusting near salt water...Two guys I hunted with were shooting 870 camos and theirs only needed cleaning on the inside , showed no rust on the exterior at all... My gun will be rust proof after this season but it will still be black

RKC
Old 12-28-2003, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

i've owned 3 new mossbergs, and my expierience with them has been bad. 2 had broken safeties within a year, and that nasty rattley -loose forearm drives me insane. my 3-1/2 jammed like no other gun i've owned.
i switched to a rem 1100 for turkeys with no issues, good gun.

for ducks i prefer to use my red label, (no Jams!) It shoots great with the carlson tubes i installed (mod and imp mod)
good luck!
moose
Old 12-28-2003, 04:10 PM

see i want a reliable 3 1/2 inch duck gun....... I really want it used b/c i want it to be rugged.... all my other guns i dont like taking duck hunting espically...... So i would like a mossberg 3 1/2 inch pump or auto. I can find these used i just want a good internal gun and it dont matter how the outside looks thanks guys
Old 12-28-2003, 04:22 PM

I'd go with the Benneli Black Eagle semi-auto any day!
It handles anywhere from a 3 in to a 4 in shell.

Works great on all!
Old 12-28-2003, 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: j3k2c1

I'd go with the Benneli Black Eagle semi-auto any day!
It handles anywhere from a 3 in to a 4 in shell.

Works great on all!
When did they start producing 4" shells? And who's making them?
Old 12-28-2003, 06:13 PM

I've got two suggestions that haven't been made yet...if you want a good 3 1/2 inch shotgun under 500$ then look at:

1) Benelli Nova pump...a lot of guys I know shoot them and they are pretty much bulletproof. My brother got a camo one for Xmas and it ran him $349. That's a lot of gun for the money.

2)Browning BPS...the 3 1/2 Stalkers run about $450 and are as solid as they come. The camo ones will run you a little more. A little more expensive but you get what you pay for.

Don't rule these two out.

Quick Reply: best 3 1/2 inch gun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.