Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
2021-2022 Waterfowl Preparations >

2021-2022 Waterfowl Preparations

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

2021-2022 Waterfowl Preparations

Old 08-23-2021, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default 2021-2022 Waterfowl Preparations

Hi everyone,

I am preparing for duck and goose season here. I recently moved, but I am finding and getting permission to hunt some farm fields already. I just wonder if the drought here will affect waterfowl hunting.

Anyway, I got my new blind in the mail also. That was nice.

I am currently preparing my decoys, all 95 of them. I have 44 silhouettes and 15 shell decoys I got from a friend who sadly died in October of 2018. They are basically pieces of wood shaped like Canada Geese, and painted black and white. I dont know if they will work for the season, though. I am attaching a picture of my decoys. The other 36 decoys on the left of the picture, are better quality shells I bought from a guy. I got the heads in my basement.

I think my wood silhouettes need a new paint job, and some new metal stakes for some of them, then I can use them for waterfowl season.

I would say these decoys are worth a shot to try using this season. What do you guys think?

Need to get my calling back into shape, also. Cant forget that!

That is all. Season begins on October 16th here. I will get things ready.

Jared
Attached Thumbnails 2021-2022 Waterfowl Preparations-decoys.jpg  
Old 08-24-2021, 01:36 AM
Spike

Default Preparation

Good idea to have all your decoys, shotguns ammo Callers and blind sorted, repainting old decoys is necessary if you want to fool birds. Good shooting during your 2021-2022 Waterfowl season.
Old 08-28-2021, 02:09 PM
Spike

Good luck on the upcoming season jnicholes.
Old 10-11-2021, 03:39 AM
Spike

This is going to be my first hunt along with friends. Can someone help me in buying the best Clothing and Accessories for the waterfowl hunting season from Beretta? Please suggest me the best clothing and accessories