Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Can you move before the geese fly in? >

Can you move before the geese fly in?

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Can you move before the geese fly in?

Old 10-21-2019, 06:15 PM
Spike

Default Can you move before the geese fly in?

I am new to the sport and I was just wondering if you can move around inside your blind and talk to your buddies and stuff before the geese fly in. Thanks for your help!!
Old 10-22-2019, 02:13 AM
Fork Horn

From my limited experience, you can move around inside the blind and talk to your buddy when the geese are not flying. However, when geese start coming in toward the blind, decoys, or whatever you set up, you need to be very still and not talk. You only move when it is time to shoot or when you try to flag the geese towards your setup.

Geese are smart, they can make out unusual movement and shapes in a setup, like a moving hunter or a poorly camouflaged blind. They know what to avoid. They are very smart.

What species of Geese are you planning on hunting? I hunt Ducks and Canada Geese in Southwest Idaho.

Good luck!

Jared
Old 10-22-2019, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Geese and many other birds whole survival strategy is being able to see danger before danger sees them. Just a guess but it is likely Geese see movement better than they see shapes.
One of the most important hunting skills I learned was to sit still for long periods and not fidget.