Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Lull in the season blues

Old 10-25-2015, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Lull in the season blues

Well, early season (teal/woodie in TN) ended about 3 weeks ago. I have cleaned my gun, wiped off deeks, my dog is getting fat again, and batteries are all charged up. Still have about a month to go before big duck opens up. I have been target shooting, pulled the bow back a few times, run the dogs fat ass through a few training retrieves. She's laying here well fed and happy (snoring). I have also built a new shooting bench, worked some mods on the air rifles, am working on a design for home made quiver deeks. Right now I am at an impasse. I don't know what else to do. I guess I am curious as to what every one else does when you know season is upon you, you have had that taste of being in the blind already and you can't get big season opener off your mind.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in the Pacific flyway, our season started Oct 17 and will run through Jan 31.
No waiting around in this neck of the woods.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

DocE, must be nice, TN has some of the strictest regulations and short seasons compared to other places I've hunted. Ours went wood duck/teal sept 12-16 then teal only sept 17-20 break all the way to reg duck on nov 28- jan 31
Old 11-10-2015, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Go elk hunting. That should keep ya occupied for a week or so.