Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
20g duck and goose hunting? >

20g duck and goose hunting?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

20g duck and goose hunting?

Old 02-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Spike

A 20g is great for ducks and geese! For geese you would need different loads than what you use for ducks for the best results. I have used a 20g for geese hunting with great results. For a 11yr old shooting a goose in the decoys in my opinion is fine as its harder for a 11yr old to shoot flying birds.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bsums
A 20g is great for ducks and geese! For geese you would need different loads than what you use for ducks for the best results. I have used a 20g for geese hunting with great results. For a 11yr old shooting a goose in the decoys in my opinion is fine as its harder for a 11yr old to shoot flying birds.
Better your decoys than mine. Teach them to shoot at flying claybirds from close behind the trap house and they will be fine.