Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

20 ga. waterfowl loads

Old 12-22-2013, 11:50 AM
  #1  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
coolbrze0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 1,920
Default 20 ga. waterfowl loads

I bought a Benelli M2 20 ga. this summer & it's been stacking them up pretty quick. I've taken 2 deer, a coyote, 4 foxes, a grouse, rabbits, & ducks/geese w/ it so far. I've been shooting "crappy" non-toxic shot for waterfowl but am looking for better duck/goose shells. Does Hevi-Shot make 20 ga. 3" #2s or 4s for waterfowl?
coolbrze0 is offline  
Old 12-22-2013, 02:27 PM
  #2  
Nontypical Buck
 
sconnyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wherever liberalism must be eradicated.
Posts: 2,600
Default

Found it in 30 Seconds. Thanks to the WWW.
http://www.hevishot.com/catalog/inde...category_id=66
sconnyhunter is offline  
Old 12-22-2013, 02:31 PM
  #3  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,834
Default

Originally Posted by coolbrze0 View Post
I bought a Benelli M2 20 ga. this summer & it's been stacking them up pretty quick. I've taken 2 deer, a coyote, 4 foxes, a grouse, rabbits, & ducks/geese w/ it so far. I've been shooting "crappy" non-toxic shot for waterfowl but am looking for better duck/goose shells. Does Hevi-Shot make 20 ga. 3" #2s or 4s for waterfowl?
Yes. Remington Hevi-Shot 3", both 2's and 4's are DEADLY on honkers!!!!! We hunt up in Horicon Marsh every year at my S.I.L's and that what I use mainly during decent weather. Crappy, wet, sloppy weather, the camo 12 comes out. Too pretty of gun, Browning Citori, to use when its nasty out. Briley Imp. Mod tube and they are DRT inside 40yds!!! Greenheads as well. I mainly shoot 4's for ducks, only as a 3rd shot. Steel 2's 1st and 2nd shot.
SecondChance is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 02:49 AM
  #4  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
coolbrze0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 1,920
Default

Thanks guys! Any good websites to purchase from as none of the stores in my area carry them? 4s for ducks, 2s for geese?
coolbrze0 is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 06:44 AM
  #5  
Nontypical Buck
 
Big Uncle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,665
Default

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...3Bcat104567580

I have used them. They are great but high priced.
Big Uncle is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 12:35 PM
  #6  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,834
Default

Originally Posted by coolbrze0 View Post
Thanks guys! Any good websites to purchase from as none of the stores in my area carry them? 4s for ducks, 2s for geese?
Yep. And if your decoying the geese, you can shoot them with 4's for the 1st shot and back it up with 2's after that. 4's makes a GREAT swatter load if needed. Kinda expensive, but a great show stopper!!!!! Will just have to look around for who carrys them. Gonna be kinda tough right now. The Federal Hevyweights are good as well. I just have had better luck and better patterns with Remington.
SecondChance is offline  
Old 12-30-2013, 03:12 PM
  #7  
Spike
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 46
Default

I was given a m2 lefty this christmas and shot it this weekend at ducks. Bought hevi metal 2s and absolutely mowed them down with it.
fishhound is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 08:09 PM
  #8  
Spike
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: N.E Kansas
Posts: 25
Default

Admitently you are shooting a larger payload than I so you should be able to get away with a larger pellet. But in my opinion #6 hevi shot is good for ducks out to 50+ yards #6 HS is about like a heavy load of #2 steel. As for geese #4 hevi is a 50 yard goose load about equivalent to a heavy 12ga 3" #T shot steel loading.
ksfowler166 is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 11:09 PM
  #9  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,834
Default

Originally Posted by ksfowler166 View Post
Admitently you are shooting a larger payload than I so you should be able to get away with a larger pellet. But in my opinion #6 hevi shot is good for ducks out to 50+ yards #6 HS is about like a heavy load of #2 steel. As for geese #4 hevi is a 50 yard goose load about equivalent to a heavy 12ga 3" #T shot steel loading.
3" 1-1/4oz 20ga. Either 2's or 4's. I have shot the 6's before, just kinda light in my opinion. Have had more cripples than I liked. 4's n 2's, nope.
SecondChance is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 11:28 PM
  #10  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,834
Default

Originally Posted by fishhound View Post
I was given a m2 lefty this christmas and shot it this weekend at ducks. Bought hevi metal 2s and absolutely mowed them down with it.
Great loads as well!!! Thats all I shoot when I shoot a non-tox load that I will be shooting a bunch of. Havent tried the SpeedBall loads yet.
SecondChance is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.