Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

What would you do?

Old 08-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Spike

Default What would you do?

So here goes, just got on a duck lease that has quite a bit of land but not just a whole lot of water on it. There arent many members but there are a few. A couple of them are building huge metal blinds and want to drag them into the middle of some of our moist soil ponds. I would prefer to hunt the edges but cant really convince these guys that a giant blind in an open pond is a bad idea. There are other areas here but these are historically where the ducks want to be. Lots to read but i just need a little guidance. Hopefully someone has dealt with this before.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt the middle dude. If the blinds they are building and putting in are concealed, they should be great. If they are not concealed and stick out like a sore thumb, find another place to hunt.

My buddy has a guide service in Nebraska. He has a huge pond that has a little dam road that leads to two huge metal blinds that are in the middle of the pond. It almost looks like two ponds but it is only one.

The blinds are concealed very well and they smoke the snow geese, ducks and dark geese there. It is a blast to hunt.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Spike

They have AC & Netflix? If so I'm in!!