Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Rising cost of waterfowl licenses >

Rising cost of waterfowl licenses

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Rising cost of waterfowl licenses

Old 08-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rising cost of waterfowl licenses

Just wanted to hear your thoughts by region. Is it costing an arm and a leg to hunt in your area? Do you think the costs outweigh the hunt? Personally I feel Tennessee is outrageous with its fees as opposed to the hunting opportunities when it comes to waterfowl. Let me know what you all think....

TN Hunt/Fish Combo: 28.00
TN Waterfowl Permit: 31.00
Migratory Bird Cert: 2.00
Federal Stamp: 15.00

Total : 76.00
add ammo, gas, food, etc.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:27 AM
Spike

Not water fowl, but I leased land in NC. My nonresident license will cost me $330.00 for deer, bear & turkey. That's ridiculous.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah it's getting rough... something I forgot to mention in my original post. Tennessee has certain WMAs that you need to pay extra to hunt. Upwards of $30. So if you wanted to switch up a little and hunt different spots, it's going to cost you extra. What gets me is... where does all the money go?
Old 08-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The cost of the license is minimal compared to the cost of the overall hunt.

With a trailer full of bigfoots, shells, movable GHG, layout blinds, flags and who knows what else! Then you need the truck to pull the trailer. Almost forgot about the duck decoys and a few robo ducks.

Don't forget the Benelli and the cost of shells!

My club is very inexpensive only $1000 dollars a year but we have a bunch of properties. (just guessing probably 25 to 30)

However, the 150 to 200 bucks a week for FREAKING GAS! That's the biggest cost of all!

The 50 bucks for license and stamps is not even a drop in the bucket. I'll pay that any day to get to waterfowl hunt.

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 08-09-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear you on gas expense! I was over $1400 last year on my trip out for big game in Wyoming and pheasants in North Dakota. Anyone who complains about paying $330 to go to another state to hunt deer, bear, and turkies needs to reassess the other expenses involved before complaining about that when you figure out how little that works out to on a daily basis.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-10-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

17.50 for a game bird licence.
22.00 for a federal waterfowl licence.
We have no "leased" lands or clubs as 90% of our province is public land.

Ron
Old 08-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rbduck
90% of our province is public land.
What kind of properties do you hunt? I counted the properties in my club today and we have a little over 35. We have lakes, ponds, rivers and a ton of cornfields with great pits.

I'm not sure what your public waterfowl hunting is like but I would rather get beat up than hunt some of the public waterfowl hunting in Colorado. Some of it can be very good at times. Those same public properties can have a bunch of sky busting A-holes on it at other times.

Club hunting is the way to go in Colorado. It sucks for the guys that can't afford it!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
What kind of properties do you hunt? I counted the properties in my club today and we have a little over 35. We have lakes, ponds, rivers and a ton of cornfields with great pits.

I'm not sure what your public waterfowl hunting is like but I would rather get beat up than hunt some of the public waterfowl all those hunting in Colorado. Some of it can be very good at times. Those same public properties can have a bunch of sky busting A-holes on it at other times.

Club hunting is the way to go in Colorado. It sucks for the guys that can't afford it!!!
Well, seeing as our province is almost three times the size of Texas with maybe 2,000,000 people in that WHOLE province, we just very seldom see other people in our hunting spots. We also have all those hunting conditions and places you mention. This is the Mississippi Flyway I`m talking about also.

Ron
Old 08-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rbduck
Well, seeing as our province is almost three times the size of Texas with maybe 2,000,000 people in that WHOLE province, we just very seldom see other people in our hunting spots. We also have all those hunting conditions and places you mention. This is the Mississippi Flyway I`m talking about also.

Ron
I was almost jealous until I realized I missed the Canada part! More power to you guys! Living there, you deserve the best hunting possible!