Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

blackcloud

Old 05-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default blackcloud

Any one shooting black cloud out of a Mossberg 835 with factory chokes with good results. I have heard some chokes strip the wad off of the shot , just wondering how the factory choke does. Have not had time or good weather to pattern it. I bought a box for 17 bucks to try out

The price of Hevi shot and other high density shot is getting a little crazy these days.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

I beleive that it occassionally happens with ported chokes. None of my waterfowl chokes are ported, so I haven't had an issue.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

are you using a moss 835?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lead them & shoot them in the head.

..........how did they kill all those ducks before hevi-shot ??
Old 05-25-2013, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

I bought the black cloud choke after a buddy recommended one and we hammer the ducks. I can see good improvement over my factory choke. Just my 2 cents. good luck
Old 05-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot them in 2's with an Ext. Briley Imp. Mod ported tube and a Ext. Briley Mod. non-ported and didn't care for them nor did I have any problems with a ported tube. Only shot about 2/3rds of the box and gave them to my buddy and went back to my Hevi-Metal 2's and was wackn n stackn em again. Just my experience though.