Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Hunting Waterfowl in Kentucky >

Hunting Waterfowl in Kentucky

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Hunting Waterfowl in Kentucky

Old 03-21-2013, 04:55 AM
Spike

Default Hunting Waterfowl in Kentucky

Hello! We are also coming back to the sport of waterfowl hunting. Is there anyone who can give us some information about the birds on the Ohio River or the Kentucky River? Any other updates on this area for waterfowl hunting?

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Nope, No ducks in KY... None. Probably not even worth trying Expecially in the Meldahl Dam area.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Talking

I will be getting back into Kentucky hunting after a 7 year hiatus from the area. Uncle Sam decided it would be good for me to be in Kansas for a while so I am not up to speed on the area and its habits. I will mostly be hunting the KY Lake, Barkley and other areas right a long the TN-KY state line near Clarksville TN... hope you find the birds... Then tell me where they are )
Old 04-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Spike

Look at the Ducks Unlimited web site for migration routes. The western tip of the state is right along the pothole region migration.
That will be your best bet for locating ducks. Finding a veteran in the area would be difficult, they do not want to give up their sites.
Q: Do you know what duck tastes like?
A: Quackers. Thank you, thank you. I'm here all night.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Actually, I just got some bad news about KY/TN waterfowl hunting. I saw the seasons only go from late November to January. That's going to hurt. Here in Kansas, I am used to having a 2 week teal only season in September, Big duck from Last weekend in October through 1st weekend in January then 2 more weeks mid January. Goose goes even longer and then the conservation goose hunts... I hope the hunting is good there, I don't think it would be worth what it costs.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:39 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by AquamanPSD
Nope, No ducks in KY... None. Probably not even worth trying Expecially in the Meldahl Dam area.
Are there a lot of ducks to catch there?