Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

would this be legal??????

Old 01-30-2002, 03:08 PM
Spike

Default would this be legal??????

I want to jumpshoot ducks on a local river out of my kayak Do i need permision from the person who owns the land around the river to float through and hunt i live in ohio thanks a bunch.

Edited by - yaker on 01/30/2002 16:10:53
Old 01-30-2002, 04:22 PM
Spike

Default RE: would this be legal??????

Welcome yaker
In the state of washington you only own to the high water mark. So if you stayed in your boat you could hunt without asking. You might want to check with your local fish and game and they should beable to tell you for sure.

CALL EM IN CLOSE AND SHOOT THEM IN THE EYES
Old 02-02-2002, 01:46 PM
Spike

I dont know about in Ohio but in Kansas there are only two rivers on which hunting without permission from the land owner is allowed those are the Kansas River and the Arkansas River + the Missouri River..All of these rivers are public land up to the Normal high water line...Check your state usally the only rivers that are legal fro that are the big navigatible rivers...
Old 09-10-2002, 05:05 PM

I know in michigan that during float hunting, the water ways are exclusive rights to the land owners, and float hunters need permission. But, you need to check ohio laws.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:48 PM
Typical Buck

there was a pretty good discussion about this about a year ago, on refugeforums.com. and i'm also pretty sure that the original poster was from ohio. you should check out the archives.

btw, i don't think that any part of you or your equipment can touch the bed of the river. that would be considered trespassing (but i might be wrong), you have to stay completely within your boat, and your boat/paddle can't touch the riverbed. but i could be wrong.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Pa.,all inland waters are Commonwealth regulated but it could be differant in other states.Better check with your WCO.
Old 09-11-2002, 07:44 AM

In Maryland on the small inland waterways the water belongs to the state but the land under it is privately owned. You can hunt from a boat but nothing can touch the bottom including the anchor.

Old 09-12-2002, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

I THINK here in Nebraska if the landowner gets water rights he has control of it but otherwise you can do whatever you want on the river since the state has control of what goes on with it.

Without passion.....Why bother?
Old 09-13-2002, 08:04 AM
Spike

In Wisconsin it is the highwater mark unless it is a private pond or lake. I went through this last year on a slough i was hunting and the landowner called the county cop,the cop then called the DNR and they stated that I was allowed to hunt up to the highwater mark, and was also able to get out of my skiff so long as I didn't tread above the highwater mark. This also applies to trout fishing .
Old 09-13-2002, 11:53 AM

Just ask the farmer/landowner for permission and keep it legal!

Jerry
DE Duck Hunter

Quick Reply: would this be legal??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.