Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Charlie Hess Short Reed

Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Charlie Hess Short Reed

Hey guys! Just got into goose/duck hunting this year and had a friend that no longer hunts let me borrow a Charlie Hess Short Reed. From what I found out about these on the internet they are pretty prized goose calls. Well it worked for me! My first time in the blind with it I killed my first goose! Ended up killing our two person limit! They tried to land in the far side of the field and with some agresssive clucks they picked back up and circled a few times and started flying to the other corn field. I did a few come back calls and they pulled a 180 and came right in!
Attached Thumbnails Charlie Hess Short Reed-photo.jpg  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

Very Nice!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Welcome to the world of goose hunting. You're done like dinner and hooked for years to come. There is nothing like calling in your first goose!!