Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Early Teal Season, How ya' ll doin? >

Early Teal Season, How ya' ll doin?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Early Teal Season, How ya' ll doin?

Old 09-15-2003, 10:27 AM

Default Early Teal Season, How ya' ll doin?

How' s everyones season looking so far?

I' m having a great one so far. It opened three days ago and I' ve been three times and limited out each day.

That' s a first for me! Where I hunt, teal ususally migrate through a few weeks before the season starts and you work your tale off just trying to see some.

Hopefully, this is the sign of a great year. Heaven knows we deserve one.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:58 PM

Default RE: Early Teal Season, How ya' ll doin?

Walked in a mile to some ponds on the local WMA with 12 teal, 4 Woodie and 4 Mallard dekes and a Mojo. Took too many shells. My buddy shot 6 times and me about 10. Limited by 8:17 am Saturday morning. My lab was on his first hunt. I worked with him myself and was very pleased with how well he caught on. One more group and he' d have fetched the last one down off the end of the gun barrel. Next week we try again. Would have tried again Sunday, but my back would be shot worse than it is now. My buddy was looking for a used 4 wheeler and will be more actively seeking this week. I' m 34 and was in rough shape. He' s 63...of course he packed his shells, both guns and his waders. At the very least I' m bringing the wheel barrow next week.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:33 PM

three trips out and only six teal i could kill more by jump shooting but o well i' d rather see em decoy. most of the birds blew though western kansas before dove season opened when we were dry.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:38 PM

Hey gadwall, where ya from. I grew up in Kansas and am looking to go up around thanksgiving to knock down a few pheasant.

Old 09-20-2003, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Limited out both last Saturday and Sunday before 7. Nothing but bluewings. Went out today and downed just 1. Hope its better tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does this count? Went goose hunting today, had a flight of 20 or so greenwings fly over.......1 shot...3 teal....with my 10ga( i was goose hunting mainly).

Ron
Old 09-22-2003, 07:18 AM

Limited out Saturday again at 8:17 a.m. Walked in Sunday not expecting as much action...wasn' t disappointed, 1 bluewing between 2 hunters. Had one big group come in and work, and work, and work and sit to our right at 30 yards. Couldn' t swing all the way over there so when they left we shot but to no avail.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:02 AM

This weekend was a tough one. Sat I had one very small group come in. It was two birds smaller when it left!

Sunday I didn' t even pull the trigger. Had one group buzz us but left as fast as they arrived and then only a couple of singles showed up.

Old 09-22-2003, 01:48 PM

thur 9/18 was good dropped the kid off at school picked up the dog and decoys headed over to the lake killed 4 greenwings in less than an hour.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

4 of us hunted this past Friday evening and limited in about 45 minutes. We could have all limited if the limit would have been 25 a piece. We sat at the truck and watch bunch after bunch buzz the field after we left. Saturday morning we hunted a different spot and didn' t wind up limiting until about 9:30. Saturday afternoon was a repeat of Friday.

Quick Reply: Early Teal Season, How ya' ll doin?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.