Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Patternmaster Extended Range choke >

Patternmaster Extended Range choke

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Patternmaster Extended Range choke

Old 10-22-2012, 02:50 AM
Spike

Default Patternmaster Extended Range choke

I'm thinking of buying this choke for my Benelli SBE2 and using it for geese. Any opinions on this?
Old 10-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Spike

I use the longe range in my 870 and i have noticed that it did give me a little more range. I did drop a duck out of a high flying flock, probably 40-45 yds up, although it crippled him because i never recovered him and i saw him splash. As far as the reviews on the extended range that people claim to have dropped geese at 60 yds, i don't know, i have never seen that.

hope this helps
Old 10-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Spike

I use the Patternmaster in my M1 20 and geese out to 60 yards are not a problem. You will need to practice with it because your shot string will be only about 6 feet not the 12 to 15 your use to which results in clean misses or dead birds. Its well worth getting use to it will change how you feel about steel shot. I run an outfitting buisness and my hunters are amazed at the range of my 20Ga. Good Luck

Troy
Old 10-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Spike

I run one on my SBE II & love it, you can see my results in my videos.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of the guys I guide with uses them and he really likes them. I have seen him finish off geese for clients at distances that I would not be willing to say on line. We shoot Hevi-Shot for that kind of work and it shows. You just have to find a load that patterns the best for your needs.