Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

What to plant now?

Old 07-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Spike

Default What to plant now?

I just went back to my duck lease today and found that the wild hogs had destroyed my corn crop. Now my hole needs something else for food. It has coffeebeans and other moist soil grasses, and a little corn. Anybody have any experiences with *** Millet? I want to hear them good or bad. I need to get it planted in the next 2 weeks. Im not gonna disk everthing im just gonna drag over whats there and broadcast seed. Do you think this will work?
Old 07-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

***anese Millet works well as long as you have 60 to 90 days of growing time.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

May be a bit late for this too but a few years ago we planted sorghum (Milo) around our pond and it turned out to be a pretty good year of hunting. Milo is actually used in a lot of farm duck feed and is a tough and hardy plant. It actually produces a chemical that keeps weeds around it at bay but not overly so. It is very drought resistant so watering is not a necessity. Check out a few sites on Milo I've included a couple here.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8257079_long-grow-sorghum.html

http://www.wildlifeseeds.com/foodplots/ducks/index.html
Old 08-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Spike

I just required some information and was searching on Google for it. I visited each page that came on first page and didn’t got any relevant result then I thought to check out the second one and got your blog. This is what I wanted!

Tiffany & Co Outlet
Tiffany Jewelry
Tiffany & Jewelry
Tiffany & Co Bracelets
Tiffany Pendants
Old 08-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Spike

Shoot the hogs before you get to setting up a new buffet otherwise youll be right back to it in a week or 2 , mixed grain is good millit , wild rice is a killer duck food .
GE