Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Beretta shotgun

Old 08-27-2003, 12:39 PM

Default Beretta shotgun

I am primarily a waterfowler but do upland game as well and I am planning to get a new shotgun. I found a Beretta at a hunting store that is on sale for $499.00! I thought this was a great deal because all the other Berettas were around $900.00! But I can' t find any reviews on this gun. It' s a Beretta 3901 12 gauge. It will handle 2 3/4 and 3 in. I couldn' t even find it on Beretta' s website....should this make me nervous?? Has anyone ever shot this gun before???
Any help is appreciated.

Ned
Old 08-27-2003, 08:47 PM

Default RE: Beretta shotgun

Check out this website .. http://www.ableammo.com/mall/guns_sh..._fgsa_3901.asp

It has a little information. Even though you couldn' t find the gun listed on their sight I don' t see why that should be a problem. It' s Beretta ... and the name says alot. Are you specifically looking for a Beretta, an auto loader, or just a good deal? I haven' t ever heard anything bad about the Remington 1100 which should probably be in about the same price range. I haven' t ever seriously looked at Beretta' s because I' m not in the market for anything in that price range, however, I personally believe from what I' ve heard that the name Beretta speaks for itself.
Anyway... that' s my 2 cents worth.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:01 AM

Default RE: Beretta shotgun

Thanks for the website, it had some good info. Plus I see that the price that I' m getting the gun for is pretty good. Price wasn' t my first priority (although it is my 2nd), looking for an auto loader is the first, and the Berettas that I have read reviews on were very good.

Thanks for the help!