Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Duck Blind Idea

Old 03-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Spike

Default Duck Blind Idea

I am looking at creating a duck blind with this camo siding. I will help keep the moisture off of it. I am going to make something with a more open top design.

What are your thoughts on the design and by using this product?
Note
I posted a picture which fits your original post as you offered a link to the product. You can advertise all you want in the Free Classifed section but not in the General hunting forums.

Dave......JW

Last edited by JW; 03-01-2012 at 08:52 AM. Reason: too close to actual advertising within the forums with the link provided
Old 03-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Spike

JW-
Was looking to show the stuff I wanted to buy and couldn't get a picture to upload.

I am just trying to see if this is a good idea to look at building for myself....
Old 03-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Spike

Thoughts on if I should build this?????
Old 03-01-2012, 01:01 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Well it is IF you are on private ground. Public I think it would get destroyed.Public land has its own set of rules of when yo can put up a blind. Private you can do anytime at least in WI.

The material is such that it will help. I like a back and a roof on my blinds but make so I can sit back in the shadows. We are not completley enclosed. But a back and partial roof does help protect us from wind and weather.

JW
Old 07-08-2012, 03:47 AM
Spike

I will help keep the moisture off of it. I am going to make something with a more open top design.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

I like the design but it seems to me you would lack a little in line of sight and not a whole lot of swing room for your gun. I would say open up the shooting windows a bit more. Maybe instead of cutting a window into it make it like a 4 post opening with only roof support at the corners. Other than that I would say it would definately work.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

I would think that the stuff would fade fairly easy. Problem is that you still need something to nail the siding to. Therefore you are just adding the expense of siding on top of your plywood while not really keeping the moisture off your wood with an open top design.

Now if you put a small roof over half the blind to protect the back and sides you might get a few more years service out of your plywood. You still have the threat of rain blowing in from the front of the blind getting the wood wet.

I guess it's worth a try.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Spike

Superb!thank you for your article,This post has been somewhat of a revelation to me.I just required some information and was searching on Google for it. I visited each page that came on first page and didn’t got any relevant result then I thought to check out the second one and got your blog. This is what I wanted!

Robes Karen Millen
Multicolore Karen Millen
Karen Millen Solide Couleur
Manteau Karen Millen
Karen Millen une épaule