Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Paradise Wings Scam

Old 01-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Spike

Default Paradise Wings Scam

I just recently got back from the worst duck hunting trip I have ever been on. It was to Paradise wings in Brinkley Arkansas. I saw his place on flyway highway which i should of know right away it was going to be a bad place because that show is a joke to any serious hunters. Anyways I could not find any reviews on this place and the owner seemed really nice. My buddy and I drove 8 hours to get there and the first morning he told us the place we were hunting was hold 300+ birds there the night before. So we were excited. The morning of the hunt we saw 8 ducks and there were no feathers in the water from ducks before. Im sorry but with that many ducks in a small hole there would be feathers every where. We gave him the benefit of the doubt and hunted snow geese with him that night. He didn't tell us that 9 other guys were going with us. It was pathetic. his decoys consisted of white garbage bags and half way descent wind socks. Probably 200 were torn so bad that they didn't even move with the 15mph winds. That night he promised us a good shoot in the morning. This hunt we saw duck but they avoided out field pit like something was up. The field across from us limited out in one hour. we asked the guide what was up and he said that the decoys have been left out there for 2 months and half of them when we got there were turned upside down. Than the guide told us that he pays flyway highway to come down there. He also said he has flyway highway bring birds from other states so he can take a picture of dead birds in front of his lodge. After hearing that we left. We ran into the town mayor at a local restaurant and he said that it happens all the time with Paradise wings. He said a group of guys left there last week with the same stories. he was super embarrassed for his town. On our way home we called Paradise wings to see how the hunting was acting like we were interested in hunting there. The owner told us that a group of guys left with 18 geese and limits of ducks. Which obviously was not true.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

moral of the story do your research and ask questions from reliable sources before you fork out the big bucks and drive 8 hours...
Old 04-08-2012, 08:48 AM
Spike

You can't blame the Flyway Highway for the Paradise Wings lack of performance. I've hunted waterfowl for 35yrs and I like The Flyway Highway hunting show! Nothing is guaranteed, but there are good guides out there. You just have to:

" Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see"
Old 05-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Spike

anyone had that kind of situation... its an experience...
Old 11-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Spike

Default Paradise Wings is NO Scam

My son and I drove 11 hours from Georgia to hunt the last three days of the 2011 duck season at Paradise Wings. It was a first for us and will not be the last. We also hunted duck in the morning and geese in the afternoon, we killed birds every day we went. We should have killed our limit every day, but it was do to our shooting abilities we did not. Paradise Wings owner put us on the ducks and geese so i thank him for that. I will be going back this up coming season with family and my friends.

I RECOMMEND PARADISE WINGS TO EVERYONE
GREAT PRICE AND GREAT HUNTING!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Spike

I just read the comments Landscaper wrote about Paradise Wings lodge and agree that it is unfortunate that Landscaper and his buddy had a bad hunt, but his accusations are simply not true. I have hunted with Paradise Wings over the years and have killed limits of both ducks and snow geese. It is true that the ducks are here today and gone tomorrow, use this field today and another one tomorrow, however, it should be understood by any "true" outdoorsman that no outfitter can guarantee limits of ducks or even a duck. "Landscaper's comments were meant to harm Paradise Wings business because they were upset about their one experience. It is for customers like Landscaper that more people don't try to guide and please the public. It is called hunting, not killing. If a person wants a guarantee, then he should take up a different sport. Long story short, Paradise Wings lodge is a reputable outfitter and run by a veteran of the US Army and he strives each year to provide a quality lodge and hunting experience.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Fork Horn

I find it funny that the folks defending this outfit have a grand total of 1 post each. Can anyone say: EMPLOYEE?
Old 03-30-2013, 07:04 PM
Spike

Default It's called hunting not killing

I can say I've hunting with paradise wings and it was a great experience. I actually signed up just to call the guy out above me do being an idiot. Is it possible people posting have hinted with them and had a good time? It's called hunting. You don't kill birds if they aren't there or if they've been shot at before. Sometimes weather sucks. Guess what? It's part of hunting. First day we hunted it was hot as hell and there weren't and birds, then a front came in and so did. The snow decoys were rough but geese are dumb as hell. Limited out on snows, specks, and friggin Ross's on two afternoon hunts over the "crappy decoys." Rant over. Hope you don't ever go out with a fishing guide!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by OhNoOnly1Post
I can say I've hunting with paradise wings and it was a great experience. I actually signed up just to call the guy out above me do being an idiot. Is it possible people posting have hinted with them and had a good time? It's called hunting. You don't kill birds if they aren't there or if they've been shot at before. Sometimes weather sucks. Guess what? It's part of hunting. First day we hunted it was hot as hell and there weren't and birds, then a front came in and so did. The snow decoys were rough but geese are dumb as hell. Limited out on snows, specks, and friggin Ross's on two afternoon hunts over the "crappy decoys." Rant over. Hope you don't ever go out with a fishing guide!
You may be telling the truth but I seriously doubt it along with your other couple buddys. Smells like B S to me.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by browtine7
You may be telling the truth but I seriously doubt it along with your other couple buddys. Smells like B S to me.
X2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.