Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Just got my Fed duck stamp >

Just got my Fed duck stamp

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Just got my Fed duck stamp

Old 10-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Just got my Fed duck stamp

Hoping for hoards of honkers in mid-November....Cut'em!!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 04:02 PM
JW
Super Moderator

You might need to autograph the face of the stamp. Check you regs.

I do and attach it to my ALIS plastic license now. Keeps me legal!

JW
Old 10-05-2011, 02:49 AM
Fork Horn

I save my old stamps so I don't sign them. Never had a problem with geting cheked like that as long as I have it on me...
Old 10-12-2011, 04:19 AM
Spike

By law, the stamp is supposed to be signed across the front.

Whether or not you get written for it depends on the individual who is checking you.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by macman99
By law, the stamp is supposed to be signed across the front.

Whether or not you get written for it depends on the individual who is checking you.
I'd be willing to risk it... you'd have to run into a real ******* to get written up for something like that.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Alpine_Archer
I'd be willing to risk it... you'd have to run into a real ******* to get written up for something like that.
Come to Il.. We seem to have more than our share of them. We have one up the road who wrote his own brother a citation for shooting 3 minutes early while duck hunting 5 years ago.
Himself, brother and their father where in a blind together for a family hunting day and his brother fired what was later determined 3 minutes too early and was not even warned by his brother until they got back to the truck and the CPO wrote his brother a ticket, nothing said in the blind!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:27 AM
Spike

Come to Il.. We seem to have more than our share of them. We have one up the road who wrote his own brother a citation for shooting 3 minutes early while duck hunting 5 years ago.
Himself, brother and their father where in a blind together for a family hunting day and his brother fired what was later determined 3 minutes too early and was not even warned by his brother until they got back to the truck and the CPO wrote his brother a ticket, nothing said in the blind!!!!!!!!
Sounds like there might be a lot more to that story; I don't know a warden on the planet who would be willing to appear in court over a 3-minute time difference. The likliehood of the judge throwing the case out is high. It would be even higher if the violator was the warden's own brother, the warden was hunting with the guy, and he never said anything about it being a violation at the time.

As for the stamp being unsigned - the reason this is considered an offense is due to the past history of people essentially "party hunting" with one stamp, i.e. using someone else's stamp when they weren't hunting that day. As time went on and the stamp price never went up (and basically became easier to afford), that became less of an issue.

However, a newer trend has been for someone whose hunting privileges are revoked to use a license/stamp combo purchased by someone else. So the person writing you for that would not necessarily be as much of a ******* as they would someone who has run into this sort of thing before.