Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

arizona waterfowl help

Old 07-28-2011, 07:08 AM
Spike

Default arizona waterfowl help

I grew up in michigan and moved out to arizona when i joined the AF, i did a lot of whitetail huntin in mi. and right before i left i had started some waterfowl huntin. i have done some research about arizona waterfowl and huntin but i was just wonderin if anyone out there knows firsthand about az waterfowl huntin and maybe some tips. thanks
Old 08-10-2011, 01:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting AZ

Arizona falls within the Pacific Flyway, along with 11 other western states. Waterfowl species occurring in the state include both resident and migratory populations. Waterfowl migrating into or through Arizona generally come from the Northern Rocky Mountain states as well as Alberta and Saskatchewan. All common species of both diving and puddle ducks as well as dark and white geese can be found in Arizona. Arizona's waterfowl hunting season usually opens on the first Friday in October and runs into January. Hunting seasons and bag limits are set by the Pacific Flyway frameworks and adopted annually by the Game and Fish Commission in late July or earl August.

I have a friend from AZ and he does tell me that the duck hunting there is comparable to other places in the US. some places offer good cover but larger resorvoirs do not offer blind material and you may have to bring your own ( pop up blind or portable) either way good luck!

http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/waterfowl_habitat.shtml

Last edited by skiftcky; 08-10-2011 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Added Web site