Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

what are you running?

Old 03-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Spike

Default what are you running?

Just curious as to what you all are running on the water and in the fields? For me its 2 dz. GHG mallards, 1 dz. GHG bluebills, 6 GHG GW teal, 6 GHG ringneck and 8 GHG goose floaters along with 3 FA goose floaters for my water sets.
In the fields i'm running 4 dz. FA LastPass Honker shells and in the NEAR future $ permitting I would like to pick up another 3 dz. GHG full bodies and maybe afew dz. silosocks.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on how early or late in season, private or public grounds. Early season duck, we will hunt with 4-6 doz Flambeau Magnum mallards with a few off species, teal, pintail, widgeon, woodies, thrown in for s&g and 1 remote robo. Later in season, we will hunt up to 15 dozen and 4-6 remote robos.
Geese, early sept. season, 6-10 full bodies and thats it. Early reg. season, 2-3 doz, Judge Full bodies and a few G&H shells with flocked heads in stakes for motion (we call them "walkers"). Later in season, up to 8 doz, full bodies and 3-4 doz walkers.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Spike

I typically use a dozen GHG Magnum size mallards with 2 or 3 baby mojos. I used to use the same setup but with Black Duck Decoys because here in Maine they used to be the main species, but since the population went down I switched to mallards, more color too. I hunt small water so I don't need many decoys. I mainly hunt wood ducks, I occasionally will through some wood duck dekes out but it depends on how much room I have in my canoe.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

30 GHG FB's, 50 or so silhouettes, and 2 dozen GHG shells.