Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 where have you gone Joe DiMaggio..... >

where have you gone Joe DiMaggio.....

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

where have you gone Joe DiMaggio.....

Old 07-22-2003, 11:10 AM

Default where have you gone Joe DiMaggio.....

When Gene Hill died I was afraid that the outdoor writing business was going to go with him. Hill, Buckingham and McQuarrie are all favorites, but, sadly gone. It seemed like the greats of old were the only ones that I cared to read. This year I decided to jump back in the saddle and see if there was anyone worthy of carrying the torch. To my surprise and delight there seem to be several. So far my personal favorite is E. Donnall Thomas Jr, whos book By Dawn' s Early Light is already a classic in my house. Last night I started....and finished Don' t Shoot The Decoys by Doug Larsen and will probably read it again soon. Not sure what my next read will be, but my faith is restored.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:36 AM

Default RE: where have you gone Joe DiMaggio.....

I bought both books on amazon.com this morning and can' t wait to get them. I have had this burning desire lately that has made me continue to go to my closet and stare at some of my duck hunting stuff. Everytime I do it I get to listen to my 2 year old son blow all my duck and goose calls. Maybe these books will help curb my hungers and desires while I count down the days til the season.