Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
results of my first duck hunt ever!!! >

results of my first duck hunt ever!!!

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

results of my first duck hunt ever!!!

Old 12-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Spike

Default results of my first duck hunt ever!!!

went duck huntin today for the first time in my life and did better than i or my buddy was expectin. i was hopin i would get at least one but ended up killin three and my buddy killed three, then we both tore into one duck at the same time totalin seven. final tally was 2 ruddy's, 2 blue-wing teals, and 3 shovelers. i had a great time and it was deffinatly an addictive experience. sorry im just stoked and wanted to tell someone!! lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
first duck hunt.jpg (10.8 KB, 77 views)
Old 12-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats! i've never shot any of the three ducks you shot, yet...

it is addicting though.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Spike

congrats on the hunt. It is a very addictive spots eats away your bank account in a hurry. But its worth it. good luck in the future
Old 12-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Spike

nice....duck hunting gets addicting especially when you start shooting mallards and the like. You probably won't shoot many more ruddy ducks though...I know I did when I started, but did they simply swim into your decoys? I've never seen them fly into our decoys, so I don't feel right shooting them anymore when I can shoot others!!
Old 12-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by southLA
nice....duck hunting gets addicting especially when you start shooting mallards and the like. You probably won't shoot many more ruddy ducks though...I know I did when I started, but did they simply swim into your decoys? I've never seen them fly into our decoys, so I don't feel right shooting them anymore when I can shoot others!!
thanks guys and yeah it seems expensive! the ruddy's were everywhere out there that day so they were flyin around us and if they landed they were way out in the middle where no one could shoot them. from all the people we talked to as we were leaving it seems that we got more shovelers and teals than most people.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like fun. Post more pix when you get'em! Wait 'til you bust some cupped and committed geese. Then you'll really get hooked.