Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Your opinions on this goose decoy? >

Your opinions on this goose decoy?

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Your opinions on this goose decoy?

Old 11-14-2010, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default Your opinions on this goose decoy?

Has anyone used this decoy and what did you think?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunti...Tz_stype%3DGNU
Old 11-14-2010, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

I tried to pull your link up on the goose decoy. But it would not come up. So I can not tell you anything.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't used that particular decoy but I have used ones like them. They have their place but would not be my first choice. You could get away with and it may even help you, to mix them in your full bodies for movement.

If you are hunting high pressure areas with just these decoys, your results will be very pooor. About the only way they would work is in bad weather situations where their vision was impaired and they were relying on sound.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. As you know I'm temporarily located 3/4 of the continent away from home, so transporting everything home in 4 months is going to be the issue. My truck was loaded down to come here, and I keep acquiring things I've already started mailing junk home. Anyway, that's why I was considering the sock decoys -- save space.

Based on your comments, though, I ordered some half shells that stack.

The place where I've been deer hunting (got one yesterday!) has geese flying overhead all day and several cornfields to feed the deer. They just cut one of the corn fields down, so I figure once deer season is over I'll put up the goose decoys and see what I can come up with.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

They're good to help fill in a spread. They're really good if there's a slight bit of wind to give 'em some motion. Their big benefit is that they stack well, and a whole lot will not take up much space.

A few field shells or full bodies mixed in will help sell the deception.
Good luck this season.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Spike

Save your money and put it towards some realistic full bodies. The geese and sport are advancing! Check out Dakota Decoys, they are great very realistic and durable full body decoys.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:03 AM
Spike

Default Your opinions on this goose decoy?

I have been floating on the site for awhile but have now found the new addicition of waterfowl. I was wondering if anyone out there has ever used Hard Core goose dekes. The price seems good at Cabelas but there are no reviews. Any help would be great. Thanks..........

Cheap Used Cars
Old 11-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Spike

i mostly field hunt and i only use full bodies. BIG Foot B2's. They are the best very durable and flocked heads. You can find them on sale at cabelas for $130 for 6. It is worth it