Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

late season..

Old 09-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default late season..

ok so seeing as i missed the early goose season (which i never do) i need tips on late season becuase ive never been able to hunt becuase of basketball but im not playing this year so wooohoooo!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

does anybody have tips on late season? or can i just do the same as early season?
Old 09-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Spike

Probably gonna be a little different than the early season. In the early season, your dealing with a lot of juvenile birds that have never been hunted. By the time second season rolls around alot of these birds have already been shot at and start listening to their elders a little more!!! Might have to use a few more decoys in the later season, whereas IMO the early season doesn't really require all that many.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Spike

Hey, just noticed your from Central Ohio...... where? I'm in Jewett...... East Central.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:07 AM
Fork Horn

I water hunt only with 21 canada floaters and a dozen mallards, mallards always behind the geese, downwind. I always have geese decoy well but hardly ever more than a couple dozen and usually fewer. Am in a minor flyway in Oklahoma. Goose calls do help, movement doesn't and as always, good camo and blind is a must.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

Goose, im in delaware mostly. as for deeks i have 3 dozen geese (24 magnum shells and 12 old floaters that i cut the bottoms off of because i they were leakey and i dont water hunt unless its a flooded corn field or something like that when a floater would sit on its side because its not deep enough anyways.)
Old 09-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by StormDogOutdoors
Goose, im in delaware mostly. as for deeks i have 3 dozen geese (24 magnum shells and 12 old floaters that i cut the bottoms off of because i they were leakey and i dont water hunt unless its a flooded corn field or something like that when a floater would sit on its side because its not deep enough anyways.)
since youre field hunting i know a mlittle about that. if there is a lot of snow shovel it of the field the geese want easy meals also try to expose as much corn or what ever the field is as possible and one last thing. stay warm