Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Looking for New Gun-Input? >

Looking for New Gun-Input?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Looking for New Gun-Input?

Old 10-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
Reading this thread was worth the time for the humor. It is so easy to tell who knows their shotguns and who is blowing smoke. I find it strange that no one talked about gas or inertia.
im not gonna get into this anymore. we all have our opinions. this stuff always happens with a what kind/brand/type etc. type thread comes up. i do know what im talking about with pumps but i have never shot an auto shotgun and im surprised too with gas vs. inertia thing hasnt come up.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by marlin30/30_drabe
i have never shot an auto shotgun only use pumps and i would never need a a 3 1/2in gun and i would never take a 70yd shot, to me that is irresponsible hunting but hey if you want to be kicked in the shoulder by what feels a mule and pay the $ for them, then go ahead
If you had read my previous message and understood it, you would see that I stated I would take that shot ONLY after the CLIENT chipped/wounded it with their 3 shots!!!! I DID NOT say that I would do it for S & G's or something to do. I have been guideing waterfowl for over 20 yrs now and have seen my fair share of idiots that had no sense handling a weapon. They come up out of the pit early, pop out of the layout blinds early, have their heads hanging out with wide open faces shining while the birds are getting close, unsafe handling of the weapons etc, etc...
The responsible and understanding hunters know EXACTLY what I was saying about the taking of the shot at 70yds with the ammo discussed here.
Thats why I use the 3-1/2" when guiding, especially when having to deal with those who just don't know!!!

And you answered my question perfectly, you have NEVER fired one!! I also don't get kicked like a mule by my weapons either. I can without question, guarantee you, that I get kicked less with the same identical shell out of my auto than you do out of your pump gun. I can say that for a fact because I have shot for over 20 yrs 870's in the line of my job and duty, over 10K (thats 10 thousand, 10,000, incase you didn't understand those numbers!!) from both the Remington Speciality shop and Scattergun Technologies with 4 Buck, 00 Buck and slugs. Then we went to Super Black Eagle 2's and what a difference!!!!! So between my job and my afterhours enjoyment, I feel that I know what I am speaking of as others here will verify. This is my last reply for as was said earlier, we KNOW who knows and who doesn't.

Last edited by SecondChance; 10-09-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

I would hate to call into question someone’s ethics, usually it only demonstrates ignorance. I personally take snow geese at 70 yards during the late season! But then again some know better than Carlson Choke Tube Company that design a Dead Coyote choke tube to shoot out to 70 yards and beyond with non toxic T shot from Hevi Shot! I might add it patterns 60 pellets in a 30 inch circle at that range.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by crimedog
I would hate to call into question someone’s ethics, usually it only demonstrates ignorance. I personally take snow geese at 70 yards during the late season! But then again some know better than Carlson Choke Tube Company that design a Dead Coyote choke tube to shoot out to 70 yards and beyond with non toxic T shot from Hevi Shot! I might add it patterns 60 pellets in a 30 inch circle at that range.
Without question Carlsons make one great tube!!!! I don't have any but have seen them in action several times. I use Dead Coyote for just that and it really shoots well and I use it to back up my lead 2's and BB's for shooting coyotes at night. Like it better than 4buck. Little pricey, just don't shoot much of it. All shots are under 40 yds anyhow.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Proud owner of a Beretta Extrema - I'd buy it all over again !!!

However, I do like Browning's new autoloader.

http://www.browning.com/library/info...ail.asp?id=147

I love the technology in Benilli's Vinci but hate the looks of it !

http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli_vinci.php

Last edited by Sheridan; 10-10-2010 at 03:52 PM.