Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
New to Duck hunting in Oregon >

New to Duck hunting in Oregon

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

New to Duck hunting in Oregon

Old 08-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Spike

Default New to Duck hunting in Oregon

This will be my first year hunting ducks and geese. Looking for someone to help show me the ropes or at least give me some information on good areas to hunt near Estacada Oregon on the Clackamas River.

Thanks,
Garrett Gilstad
Old 08-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Spike

Im moving up there this year from california. I am in the same boat. i have been doing a ton of research trying to find some place to hunt and where are good places... I will be living in Sandy/gresham area.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Actually Sauvi Island is famous for duck and goose but keep in mind Classes must be done and passed before goose Harvesting is available for either of you> let me give you an example of last year> some one not mentioning names shot 3 Duskie Canada Geese opening day of goose season at Sauvie island. It was closed for goose the rest of the season. My point is take the Goose id class pay attention and if in Doubt dont shoot that bird, you don't want to mess it up for everyone else. Oregon has some other places also like Down close to Salem Maybe join a Duck club and get involved so you have Mentors etc.

Last edited by hunt genious; 08-28-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

Always did pretty good around summer lake. I know its quite a ways for you guys but its the best pointer I can give you.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Spike

not myfirst year duck hunting, just my first year hunting in Oregon. looking to get some good locations.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:03 PM
Spike

Thanks everyone. I will definatly take the class and probably end up joining a club now if I can manage to find one.