Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

This mornings goose hunt

Old 01-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default This mornings goose hunt

We got set up on the edge of a wheat field and a cut bean field, hid the blinds in some shorter bean stubble with the wind at our backs (slight breeze), set the decoys up in two groups on either side of our set up. Birds started filing in at about 8:30 but every group came from our left, circled and dropped in from behind us. We couldn't see them until they were right on top of us and missed several opportunities. We couldn't figure out why they were landing with the wind??? Also had the majority of birds fly by and land in the wheat field about 250 yards away??? Killed 4, but had to leave by 9:30 (church). Still had birds coming in. Saw probably 250 or so in about an hour.
Attached Thumbnails This mornings goose hunt-pic-0073.jpg   This mornings goose hunt-pic-0075.jpg  
Old 01-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats awesome, where in Arkansas are you?
Old 01-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks man!!! I live in Scranton, but hunt a lot in the Mississippi delta region. Arkansas is a good state to live in if you are a waterfowl hunter. Illinois Is a great state to live in if you are a deer hunter!!
Old 01-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jakelogsdon
Thanks man!!! I live in Scranton, but hunt a lot in the Mississippi delta region. Arkansas is a good state to live in if you are a waterfowl hunter. Illinois Is a great state to live in if you are a deer hunter!!
I transfered to a job in Arkansas last summer, but I had no idea how bad that area was...Pine Bluff, or as the locals call it (crime bluff). So I decided to come back home. But I made some friends in my short time there that gave me the waterfowl bug. And this is my first year doing, and I love it, its expensive as hell, but I am slowly buying what I need. Illinois is a good deer state, it is also #3 or #4 for Canadians and So. Illinois is awesome for snow geese.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

Whenever you want to swap a hunt just let me know.. I'd like to do some deer hunting in Illinois. You wanna kill some ducks in Arkansas, just hit me up...
Old 01-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jakelogsdon
Whenever you want to swap a hunt just let me know.. I'd like to do some deer hunting in Illinois. You wanna kill some ducks in Arkansas, just hit me up...
You can come here whenever, just gotta buy that expensive non-resident tag. LOL
Old 01-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Our Non-resident license is outrageous as well. I'll send you a PM, this evening.