Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Ducks instead of geese!

Old 12-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ducks instead of geese!

This afternoon we set up in a field that had geese coming to it regularly for the last week. Had a flock of about 20 fly by (quite a ways away) and never saw the bigger flock that we had been seeing. Still managed to take four ducks. The ducks outnumbered the geese we saw! Must have had 30 to 40 ducks circle us thruout the afternoon. Heres the end result.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Spike

nice job bud! the same situation happened to me the other day. set up about 4 dozen goose decoys. goose calls. all we saw were ducks! took a few shots and dropped a couple birds. so all in all it wasnt a bad day. just a strange experience over corn.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:36 AM
G92
Fork Horn

idk where you guys live,but here in WNY its not uncommon to take mallards over corn.most of the limits ive ever shot have been over corn.excluding 1 in the swamp.but still congrats
Old 12-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Spike

we slay them on the river. NEVER kill them over corn. i live northeast of Denver about 50 miles but i hunt aqll over colorado and its a rare experience to kill em over corn