Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
New Greenhead Gear Pro Grade Ducks >

New Greenhead Gear Pro Grade Ducks

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

New Greenhead Gear Pro Grade Ducks

Old 11-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default New Greenhead Gear Pro Grade Ducks

WOW, these are the most realistic things I have ever seen. I received my sufrace feeders today from Mack's and my Actives are pre ordered. These look so good I might actually buy the Avery 12 duck decoy bags to keep them looking this way rather than the big decoy bag the rest of my decoy stay in. I hear the heads on the active are a pain, guess I will find out but my inclination is they are worth the pain of putting together. Season goes out Friday for deer rifle season then opens back up on Decemebr 16th, my new Beretta Extrema II will be in also, the colder weather will have pushed the other duck down here hopefully, I was shooting at Teal last weekend (whats up with that), geese wouldn't cooperate either.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Use a little dish detergent on those heads... they pop right together.

Only problem with the pro-grades (I have some woodies and a dozen teal) is that like most GHG decoys, if you look at them too hard... the paint comes right off. Hunted the teal about 5 times and keep them in slotted bags... already have quite a number of huge paint flakes coming off.

Everytime I buy some more, I swear it'll be the last lot.. but they seem to come out with something that looks pretty good and since they are about the only ones sold at almost every store... hard to ignore them.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

Hey, heads popped on no problem, Berretta Extrema II is here just need to pattern it and hit a few clay targets. Deer hunting last week and a few mallard, blacks, and widgon were around but torwards the end of the week saw alot more and geese too!!!!!!!!! That storm blew them down. Now I just need to find the leek my cousion put in my waders using them. Good luck.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll second that on the paint chipping. I've got a dozen prograde greenwings and I keep them in slotted bags to. The paint comes off so easy... especially the bills.