Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
anyone use the mojo goose decoy? >

anyone use the mojo goose decoy?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

anyone use the mojo goose decoy?

Old 09-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default anyone use the mojo goose decoy?

just kind of curious if it works? the duck ones seem to scare them off so was wondering if this would too? also, does it make a difference using fullbody decoys with shells? thanks
Old 09-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mrfishy34
just kind of curious if it works? the duck ones seem to scare them off so was wondering if this would too? also, does it make a difference using fullbody decoys with shells? thanks
Man we have killed tons of ducks over the duck ones. And I speak as a hand on a game farm where a collective of hunters have used the Robo mojo to the extreme!! they seem to just lock onto that thing and never let it outta their site!!
If you are nervous about spending the money, try flaggin, its worked great for me, and is a whole lot cheaper and easy to make
Old 09-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Spike

my buddy bought one and its a lot like the duck geese dont have that kind of wing movement ,it scares them to and its too fast ,,flaging work and the higdon back flaper
Old 09-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Spike

We've noticed that geese tend to flare when they see a duck or goose mojo. But on the other hand we have killed numerous geese over a flapper. Not sure what the difference is they see, but it does the job.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Spike

maybe during the early september goose season but they seem to just scare them off latter on in the season,, all we use is flags, works excellent
Old 09-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks, ya was thinkin that. and heard that you can just use a square black flag. gonna try that
Old 09-13-2009, 01:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mrfishy34
thanks, ya was thinkin that. and heard that you can just use a square black flag. gonna try that

I've used a black boat paddle in a pinch before.... the idea is just movement that kinda looks like a goose setting in or stretching its wings... it gets them curious and brings them by for a closer look.

(Related... though not goose related.....) Ever notice anytime you are moving around outside the blind you seem to get burned by ducks? Same idea... they see some movement and get curious and come over to check it out. That and good old murphy's law.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Spike

I've heard they don't work very well, especially in the late season.... I've never used one though.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NVbowjunkiey
I've heard they don't work very well, especially in the late season.... I've never used one though.
My dad uses his MOJO Goose on every hunt and does not have a problem.... I am not sure I like them, but he wont go without it. We live far apart, so I never get to see it in action.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Spike

they work early season on the dumb geese but that thing is too much trouble when your settin out a big spread...it is pointless because geese dont NATURALLY do that motion...i wouldnt waste your money jus get you a flagger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.