Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
You wanna hear about obsessed? >

You wanna hear about obsessed?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

You wanna hear about obsessed?

Old 08-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Banned

Default You wanna hear about obsessed?

I am so going crazy for goose season to get here that even my ringtone on my cell is geese honkin, when ever i get a call my heart jumps and i get all excited! Its comming boys and i got the itch real bad! If you read my other posts you kinda get the idea that i am going stir crazy! I need absolutly nothing but i want so much more! I just want some more motion stakes for my Magnums and maybe a little killer weed for my other blind!
But i just got the new benelli and a case of 3 1/2's in BB, Bought my Duck stamp and I am Ready to ROLL! TELL ME BOYS....
IS ANYONE ELSE GETTIN EXCITED YET??????
When your watch hunting shows like Zinks 24-7 they say its not a hobby its a lifestyle! Now i dont know about you guys, but for me I got the Bug about 3 years ago and it keeps gettin worse! I get tunnel vision and i do what ever it takes to get my bounty!
I have such a passion for it, that i even gave up deer hunting!
Thats partially because our game commission here in pa are a bunch of money hungry bastards who dont know how to manage a deer population to save there lives! We used to have a 3 day doe season and that was great, lots of deer! but since this 2 week long slaughter fest... well need i say more? over 2 million deer hunters in pa and 2 weeks to kill anything brown in the woods! Yeah Real smart!!! I just cant believe that the deer herd is down the way it is!
Anyway i got off the subject! But if you feel my passion about waterfowling, that undescribable feeling, then post it up and let all our Duck and Goose slayin brothers know, JUST HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT IT!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

you wanna talk about goin crazy, sunday i sat through a goose call comp and watched hunter grounds and sean hammock take 1st and 2nd. plus the huge sales on everything imaginable i had to walk by without buying anything
Old 08-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm fired up for goose and duck hunting! However, waterfowling last a long time. I'm gearing up for bow season right now. I'm going up to Read Feathers Saturday night and scouting all day Sunday for elk!!! Come on hunting season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I gave up deer and turkey completely for duck and goose season about two years ago. Talk about obsessed? 75 percent of my paychecks are goin to early goose and teal season. New dekes, shells, clothes, boat repairs, etc... Been scoutin and shootin skeet lately, and I've even busted out the charcoal pencils and done a little waterfowl art. Bring it on duck season!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

I'll be joining you this year fowlplayaz. Like I said before I am just getting into the waterfowl hunting and I can't see giving up my deer addiction but I am always up for whatever is in season. Hell, I am excited about doves alone, it doesn't take much for me to get pumped up about hunting. I will be in touch to make plans.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Banned

Hey Chris H,
Man you sound just like me! I gave up the deer hunting for my Waterfowl obsession! I have been buying every decoy i see advertised and my wifes started to get pissed! But she will get over it! Glad to see theres lots of us out there!
And 4evrhtn... oh yeah we will be whackin and stackin this year!!! I am pumped for doves also, there 1 of my top favorites! And good to see you made it back ok! I'll be chattin with you shortly! Later boys
Old 08-06-2009, 02:54 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Obsessed? The garage is filed with 2 duck boats and the decoys are all getting a piant job!

For the past 12 weeks I have been teaching duck search with the dog!

Ya I am getting ready!

JW
Old 08-07-2009, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great minds think alike Fowlplayaz! Let the birds drop!
Old 08-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

this will be my first year so we will see how it goes. unfortunately nothing will ever surpass my bow. if i have to i'll goose hunt with my bow. lol
Old 08-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Banned

added anouther dozen redhead full bodies from basspro to the arsenal! I just Bought a whole case of Hevi Metal, i love sales!
I also just had my hours cutback at work I only work 22 hours aweek starting at 7Pm. sat. and ending when its all said and done my work week ends at 5am monday mourning! I am so upset that i will just have to hunt all week long for them early honkers! not to mention i just got anouther 400+ acre farm to hunt! I am so torn up about all this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.