Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

new gun

Old 01-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new gun

I would get the BPS also. I especially like the top tang safety and bottom eject features.
Have you shouldered any of them yet? The BPS has a traditionally longer receiver which might make it a bit uncomfortable for people with shorter arms. The Benelli traditionally has a bit longer pump action which if you are not used to it will lend itself to "short shucking" the pump.
Nothing wrong with the Stoger pump. The P350 is one of the more underrated shotguns out there.
Either way I bet they both will give you a lifetime of service.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just curious what went wrong with your Stoeger? What model? I've had my Model 2000 for 4 or 5 years now with NO problems at all. I'm not too easy on guns either, just oil them after I use them.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:36 PM

I have a nova and a 835 um.I love both guns, they work great, but I would rec. the mossburg over the nova.