Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Need Help

Old 01-02-2009, 09:56 PM

Default Need Help

Guys I am need of getting a 4 n 1 parka for goose and duck hunting and was wondering what some of you have and why you like it. I have been looking at what Cabela's has to offer and just having problems making my mind up.

thanks
Old 01-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need Help

I have a 4 in 1 parka and rarely wear it
I found it works great for feild or hunting out of a blind

But it hangs in the water as I wade and soaks up water
So I got a wader length coat

I have 2
6 Years ago I got the Cabela'sNorthern Flight Wading jacket, great jacket
But over 6 seasons the urethane coating has worn and the jacket isn't 100% water proof any more
After season , I plan on aplying another coat of urethane

I also just picked up in the bargin cave at60%off a Cabela's Brush Buster™ GORE-TEX® Waterfowl 4-in-1 Systems Wading Jacket
It looks like new , expect for a muddy or soiled spot on one side

Only hunted in it 1 time
But it my become my go to waterfowl coat

John
Old 01-04-2009, 11:22 AM

DRAKE WATERFOWLING SYSTEMS
you can buy the 4 in1 parka and you can buy all kinds of liners that zip into the 100% waterproof shell. you can buy a lightly insulated liner for early season and a heavily insulated liner for late season. both the liners and shell are waterproof and wick moisture away extremely well. the shell has all kinds of coolfeatures like spring open shell pouches to keep shells from falling out and magnetic pockets so when your hands are cold you dont have to fumble around with a zipper. Drake makes the best stuff period.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

Agreed drake makes the best stuff iv ever used.. i have a wading pullover an a jacket an wading pants.. But i also hear underarmor makes great jacket to.. i have underarmor but not a jacket so wudnt know but i do know they make great products.. but i wud diff go with drake.. the old sayin goes right with this one. u get what u pay for
Old 01-04-2009, 03:35 PM

Agreed... Ilove the Drake line... they make some of the best stuff out there.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Take a look at the Drake stuff. Somma the best gear around and it'll last you for years if you take care of it.

I don't have a heavy duty parka, so I don't have any specific recommendations. I usually just put on a pullover and some UA and I'm good to go. One of the many good things bout livin in Dixie Land.