Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

10 ga anyone?

Old 11-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 10 ga anyone?

Remngton sp10. ammo is expensive but you cant reach out there well beyond what your 3" setup will do
Derek
Old 11-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deke12ga

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

I choose to buya Benelli SBE 3 1/2"(Super Mag)and never regretted it.
This gun is also gas operated, so it takes some of the sting out of shot and is FAR LIGHTER!

Your Benelli is inertia driven... ie. recoil operated... takes some punch out of recoil but nothing like a gas gun.
You are correct Mr Deke12ga, so Colorado Luckydog the answer would be NO, it's not gas.
Thanks for the correction, I hate mis-information too![&:]
Old 11-17-2008, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

You are correct Mr Deke12ga, so Colorado Luckydog the answer would be NO, it's not gas.

Its ok. By the way the SBE is one heck of a gun too!!! I'd have one except for its recoil. I took a shot to the face with a softball last year and cant stand the recoil that I used to be able to endure. So now I have to go with a gas gun... I'm gonna go with the SX3.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deke12ga

Its ok. By the way the SBE is one heck of a gun too!!! I'd have one except for its recoil. I took a shot to the face with a softball last year and cant stand the recoil that I used to be able to endure. So now I have to go with a gas gun... I'm gonna go with the SX3.
Don't you guys have gloves in NC?
Old 11-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wdog1

my dad got a ithaca mag ten only use it for goose once in a while.............they dont kick at all.
Those ithaca's are nice shooting guns! Remington bought their patent I believe??

Your semi's are going to kick less.....
Old 11-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Don't you guys have gloves in NC?
LOL yea and I'm normally pretty nifty atflashing the leather, but this happened during batting practice while I was pitching to my brother. He gets paid to play softball so at least I didnt get hit by some goober rec leauge player. (thats how I make myself feel better for being a jacka$$ and not paying attention)
Old 11-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the BPS 10 gauge and I love it. I reload for it so my loads kicka bit more than factorys, but the gun weighs alot so the recoil is still not that bad. I have a Stoeger 2000 Auto and I think it kicks more than my 10 just because the gun is so light.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:35 PM

If you cannt keep your power of your gun in hand then find a one that smaller.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Spike

A FRIEND OF MINE HAS A ITHICA MAG 10 NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT. IT IS HEAVY ABOUT 11 LBS AND ROUNDS ARE PRICEY. WHAT ABOUT A 3.5 12 GA.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wanted a 10ga.... kinda to complete the gauges and to have a specific turkey or goose gun etc...

but I compared ammo loaded for it, and found that nowadays 12ga loads were the equal or better of the 10ga.

So with ammo less available and less options, i decided there was no reason to own a 10ga., a 3.5" 12ga made more sense...