Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Monday, October 27th - Engle Outdoors >

Monday, October 27th - Engle Outdoors

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Monday, October 27th - Engle Outdoors

Old 10-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Monday, October 27th - Engle Outdoors

I was going to post this under the waterfowl contest portion but thought there might be some other hunters who'd enjoy watching this episode of Engle Outdoors, so decided to post it on the general part of the waterfowl forum.

On Monday, October 27th,Engle Outdoors, whichis shown on the Outdoor Channel,isgoing to air an episode about a California Game Warden, Sean Pirtle. Jeff Engle and his cameraman came out here to California last January and traveled around with Sean for a few days, filming him on patrol, and also out duck hunting. One of the days that they shot the TV show, they were hunting on my club as my guests. Sean is a close friend of mine, and he wanted to havepart of the hunt take place on my club, so we did it and had a good time. I won't be anywhere in the video, as I "didn't exist" on that day, I was only there to host and call for them. All the footage is of Jeff Engle and Sean, but when you see the part of the show that is riparian marsh with some trees in it, that is on my duck club. They also hunted on some rice field clubs, but that was someone else's property, and I don't know exactly where it was. They came out at a time when the hunting sucked, but we did manage to get enough birds for the footage they needed. It was dead calm with a big full moon, and right after we'd had a huge storm blow through a week earlier that scattered all the birds, so it was tough. On top of all that, the cameraman was perched above the blind like the Statue of Liberty, so most birds wouldn't work. It'll be interesting to see what they might have kept after editing oftheir hunt with me.

This year, on October 28th, we'll have another TV crew from a different show, out shooting on the club. Again, I won't be part of it, other than hosting them and maybe doing some calling. I won't say which TV show it is, other than they've got a much bigger budget, as they'll have three celebrity shooters and two cameramen. They've also got one of the finest wild game chefs in the entire country, Scott Leyseth of the "Hunt, Fish, Cook' TV show (I believe that is on Versus)coming along to cook and it'll be a great time, regardless of how the duck hunting goes. Scott lives near me, and they needed a club to host the filming, so Scott put in the call for help. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. I have a feeling it's going to be mostly woodies, with some mallards, as we'll be hunting down in the trees. No matter how it turns out, dinner is going to be awesome!