Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

WARNING TO EVERYONE

Old 09-12-2008, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default WARNING TO EVERYONE

Right now I am supposed to be lauching the boat at the river and heading to the marsh to whack some geese that have been rafting and loafing just off our marsh. Instead, I am sitting here shaking because I'm so pissed off.

Last night, sometime between 12 and 330 am, some bodies (plural) stole the outboard off my War Eagle. Didn't take anything else. Had over $500 worth of goose floaters in the boat, my fathers boat sitting right next to it. Neither boat had the locks on the tounges like they should have. The guys could have made off with the boats. What is even more amazing, is I have three dogs in the house, two of which bark at dang near everything... not a peep. Even more so, I couldn'd sleep worth a hoot last night from being fired up about going hunting this AM, and I had both my windows in the room open, and its right over the drive way... I can almost pee out the window into the boat.

Long story short and point of the post here.... is lock up your stuff. Even the cops were shocked because we live in a pretty up scale neighborhood and high crime around here is somebodies kids toilet papering someones front yard. Home owners insurance will only cover $1000 of it... and a new 25 longshaft Yamaha runs (in my estimate) over $3000.... I was bitching about the boat being a hair underpowered last week.... but I didn't exactly want to HAVE to repower the thing....
Old 09-12-2008, 06:14 AM

Default RE: WARNING TO EVERYONE

I feel for you, that's the scum of the earth a bunch of theives, myDad had a 4 wheeler stolen in the same manor he was sleeping in the bedroom with it at the end of the house and they rolled it through a field and actually parked in the neighbors driveway. Hopefully the police can find it for you.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

Swamp, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you and the police can find out who took your things. I hate to hear this.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow swampcollie... thats horrible. People like that need to be ground-swatted. Hope things work out for you.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

Thats the B.S. that gets me upset. I had the Mirrors stolen right off the doors of my Jeep!!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

yea its pretty rediculous. you can't trust any one any more. i had my gas cap stolen from my truck

Old 09-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

That really blows! Keep your eyes open!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:25 PM

Yea, been there and was not good, one day I had some guys that I sorta knew brought a bunch of decoys to me to see if I wanted to buy them I did and called the law thinking that they were stolen, come to find out they was and had already given the info to the law and they were caught. Since I had the deeks I was able to make plan with the owner and gave them back and he paid me (which I tried to refuse, only thinking I would hope someone would do that for me) the 100.00 I paid for them. So long story short people that do that need the s**t flat beat out of them!!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

That really sucks!
Old 09-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Keep a good eye on Ebay.

Quick Reply: WARNING TO EVERYONE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.