Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Duck Rig Pics

Old 08-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Duck Rig Pics

I have a boat that I am converting into a Duck rig. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas from past experience, or things that you like about your boat that I could incorporate into mine ( homemade blind, shell holders, gun holders, storage etc.)?
Old 08-20-2008, 06:42 PM

Default RE: Duck Rig Pics

im working on building me a nice little 14' jon boat also, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

so far i've sanded down the paint off of it, patched some holes that were in it due to depth finder being removed...

im going to rhino line the inside and the bottom of the hull install drop down blinds and find me a good motor and some seats... i might post a how-to if i feel the need to take pics of it

excaliber let us know how it goes for you bud!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sure will. I have alot of work ahead of me. I don't know if I'll even have it ready for this year or not, but I'm gonna try!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:10 PM

just shot the bottom of my boat with the rhinoliner, letting it cure over nite, I'll post some pictures later on tmrw. im hoping to fit and get the blind hangers done tomorrow afternoon, i'll be using 1/2" gavanized conduit, luckly i have a pipe bender to help make it easier
Old 08-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where did you get the Rhino Liner?
Old 08-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

It appears to be too late, but I looked into the rhinoliner as well and found the weight to be too much. If you're doing the floor and walls of a 14' boat, you're looking to add probably 120-150 lbs of weight to the boat.

Instead, you might want to take a look at the hydroturf product. I put it in my boat last year and it held up very well. I need to add a bit of adhesive in a few corners this week, but I really like how it came out. Plus it weighs nothing. I think for my whole boat, which is 18' x 60" wide, I added a whopping 6 lbs.

Good luck on your project... Here are a few pics of my boat...

Here is the rack...

Here is the rack on the boat...

Here is everything except the grass camo...

Old 08-23-2008, 11:35 AM

ORIGINAL: excalibur43

local auto parts store, it was 54 bucks for 124oz can. Luckly i have a friend that has a gun to spray it so that helped alot too...! but you can buy the roll on kit that comes with a cutting brush and a roller i forgot to take pics of the rhinolining itself before i started painting the camo colours on it ill have the camo paint scheme done this afternoon so ill have it posted then!

ORIGINAL: mustad

It appears to be too late, but I looked into the rhinoliner as well and found the weight to be too much. If you're doing the floor and walls of a 14' boat, you're looking to add probably 120-150 lbs of weight to the boat.

Instead, you might want to take a look at the hydroturf product. I put it in my boat last year and it held up very well. I need to add a bit of adhesive in a few corners this week, but I really like how it came out. Plus it weighs nothing. I think for my whole boat, which is 18' x 60" wide, I added a whopping 6 lbs.

i didn't spray it on TOO thick, i used two 124oz cans of the liner. don't think it added much more weight

i thought about Hydroturf (i have their products on my PWCs, great stuff!) but juse decided it would be quicker to do it this way

your boat looks great! gj! did you fab up the hangers? and is that just caution fence, or is it painted expanded metal?

regardless it looks great! your dog doesn't look to happy to be in the picture though[8D]
Old 08-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mongorunner

ORIGINAL: excalibur43

local auto parts store, it was 54 bucks for 124oz can. Luckly i have a friend that has a gun to spray it so that helped alot too...! but you can buy the roll on kit that comes with a cutting brush and a roller i forgot to take pics of the rhinolining itself before i started painting the camo colours on it ill have the camo paint scheme done this afternoon so ill have it posted then!

ORIGINAL: mustad

i didn't spray it on TOO thick, i used two 124oz cans of the liner. don't think it added much more weight

i thought about Hydroturf (i have their products on my PWCs, great stuff!) but juse decided it would be quicker to do it this way

your boat looks great! gj! did you fab up the hangers? and is that just caution fence, or is it painted expanded metal?

regardless it looks great! your dog doesn't look to happy to be in the picture though[8D]
Yes, I made the rack... or actually I designed it and my uncle in law did the welding. The fencing material is EZ Fab from Aero outdoors...

http://www.aerooutdoors.com/products...ial/ezfab.html

Yeah, my dog was anxious to get the picture done; but at his defense, the duck had just come out of the freezer; so I'm sure it didn't feel too good on his teeth.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Super looking Duck boat!! I think I will go with the Hydro-Turf too.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

If you want the normal colors, you can get them directly from Hydro-Turf. Unless it's changed, the camo colors are only available from Gator-Trax... http://www.gatortraxboats.com/Hydroturf.htm

They are a bit more, but come out really nice. They use only the same colors as the camo, not the pattern. Because of the way the mats are made, they cannot put lines on them... so the pattern is not there.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Duck Rig Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.